East Carolina 1/5 1:00 CBSSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Carolina 1/5 1:00 CBSSN

The Pirates are 7-6 with no quality wins and a blowout loss at SMU last night. They are led by freshman Jayden Gardner. They play 10-11 guys so they're deep but not terribly good. I'm pretty confident in a win here but stranger things have happened in conference road games.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...stats/_/id/151
    Last edited by Lobot; 01-05-2019, 11:30 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Pirates are playing out of their minds.
    Coach Cronin get well soon!

Comment

Missing too many free throws.
      Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Down three with 13.7 seconds left and losing most of the game.
        Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

UC loses by 2. Cumberland last second shot misses and so does Brooks rebound and put back.

Mick was furious at the end with the refs.
          Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post
            UC loses by 2. Cumberland last second shot misses and so does Brooks rebound and put back.

Mick was furious at the end with the refs.

Mick should be upset with the Teams FT's .... How many points did Scott & Brooks leave at the line... Totally different game if we make those shots.... Broome should have stayed in Cincinnati ... Fredericks made too many mistakes in the few minutes he played..... This was a BAD loss come Tournament Selection time.... and when we needed rebounding and points, no Diarra....He could have helped a great deal on rebounding, with his wingspan...Just disgusted with the loss....

Comment

Well, I just don't know what to say. They didn't lose to a better team, but they deserved to lose. So a few thoughts,
              • Road games are different, if you don't bring the effort (and this team didn't) you can lose.
              • Some of the worst fears we had coming into this season showed up again today. Brooks and Scott are a drastic dropoff from Washington and Clark. Bad hands/weak hands under the rim.
              • Defend the **** out of Cumberland and the perimeter players, and don't worry about the Bearcats beating you with the inside guys. Other teams will notice what happened today.
              • Teams with multiple hot 3pt shooters are a problem for the UC defense, and that's not new this year. Nevada beat us that way.
              • The toughness of past Mick Cronin teams was not there today, free throw shooting in the clutch is a measure of that.
              • This will hurt the post season chances and seeding if we get there.

They deserved to lose.

Comment

Agree that this will be a bad loss at tournament time. This team had the game chalked up as a W before the tip-off and didn’t show up. Hopefully they learn from this. It’s still early enough in the season and we can learn an important lesson to play hard every minute of every game. We’ll see how the team reacts to this loss. I expect increased focus and effort the next time out.
                ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Awful loss. Just pitiful. When UC scores 71 points, they almost always win. Terrible defense. This team has yet to beat an NCAA tournament team this season. I said it before and I’ll repeat it now, this team will not make the NCAA tournament.

Comment

We were 25 in the NET ratings coming into the game. Let's see where it goes. ECU was 259. That might only show up a 3rd quartile loss.

Somebody explain to me how you give a T to a guy reacting to a call you not only missed but subsequently reversed? The refs didn't beat us today for sure but that sequence changed the outcome of the game.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

You are wrong about this team not making the tournament. It would take a complete collapse.

QUOTE=London 'Cat;n363149]Awful loss. Just pitiful. When UC scores 71 points, they almost always win. Terrible defense. This team has yet to beat an NCAA tournament team this season. I said it before and I’ll repeat it now, this team will not make the NCAA tournament. [/QUOTE]

Coach Cronin get well soon!

Comment

Clearly our inside game and free throw shooting need work if we are to do anything in March. Zero for eleven in the first half from beyond the arc? Unacceptable.

Comment

If anything can be learned by this loss is a wake up call. We are a decent team that cannot take any team for granted. We took way too many threes & missed way too many as well. Didn't guard on the perimeter &
                          missed a ton of free throws. BTW these refs sucked big time. Did the original ref crew miss the plane & they substituted grade school refs from the crowd??????

Comment

Didn’t see this coming especially after we hung 90 on Tulane the other day (the guys may have thought this was going to be easy). But in retrospect we have always struggled in Greenville.
                            Now if we go to Tulsa Thursday night and get beat things are going to get interesting real fast
                            Last edited by blackattack; 01-06-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

It seems like UC usually sneaks these close games out against lesser opponents.

They had the last shot at the end and didn’t execute. I think that, among other things, missed free throws sealed their loss though.
                              Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X