Northern Kentucky 12/4 7:00 FSO/ESPN3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Kentucky 12/4 7:00 FSO/ESPN3

NKU is a good team. They're 8-1 and the lone loss was to UCF where Tacko Fall had 20 and 9 on them. Drew McDonald is the lone senior and is almost averaging a double double and they have 3 other guys that average in double figures. McDonald gets to the line quite a bit. Their schedule isn't terribly strong for a school that's usually in a lot of buy games. UCF is the best opponent they've played so far and we will be their best opponent all year. I suspect they're going to come into this game thinking this is going to be their Super Bowl.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../stats/_/id/94
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

This game scares me, especially considering HC M. Cronin's record for preparing the Bearcats for "rivalry" games.

Comment

This sets up as the consummate TRAP game. After a decent road win and right before the X game. If we look past NKU in the least, they will beat us. We better be ready. If this goes down to the wire, they are disciplined and have a better 1/2 court attack then we do. We need to speed them up and let our superior athletes run and gun, get a lead and make it stand up.

Comment

I don't view this as a trap game as much as just NKU being a very solid team. Might even be better than UNLV.

I actually thinking having this game tomorrow will keep the team more focused and not just hearing buzz all week about Xavier (X also has a game this week).

Comment

Per KenPom, Cats are 10-pt neutral court favorites. I don’t know the amount to add for home court.

Sagarin Predictor has UC as 14-pt home favorites.

Comment

Contain perimeter. Disrupt their offense and EAT in the paint.
            Cory Huffman
            Cin City

Comment

I thought that this could be a trap game, but UC is dominating.

Scott is having a heck of a game.

NKU’s best player, McDonald, can’t score. They have another player working hard though, Jermaine Tate’s son!
              Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

"Not much improved" Tre Scott with 22 and 10. 12/14 from line. How about Eli Nsoseme?

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post
                  I thought that this could be a trap game, but UC is dominating.

Scott is having a heck of a game.

NKU’s best player, McDonald, can’t score. They have another player working hard though, Jermaine Tate’s son!

Tate was the best player on the floor for NKY, played really hard and competed the whole game.

Scott had me thinking of KMart tonight. Kenyon didn't show much of an offensive game his first two years, but began to assert himself as a junior. Scott has obviously worked on his offensive game a lot. I hope he keeps it up going forward.

Comment

Solid performance & win. Now let's kick the crap out of XU!

Comment

The needed help is coming from the areas we were hoping floor. Bigs are making nice strides. Williams is gonna be a stud. He is the most talented guy we have. When he harnesses everything, watch out. A deemphasized role for Cumberland is in the teams best interest. Too many wild turnovers and forced shots. Fewer minutes will help the others and he needs to be told to just relax and get his points from the flow of the offense and quite playing like hes a star trying to get drafed this year.

Comment

I suspect Scott was disappointed in his lack of production Saturday at UNLV and it helped spur him on. That said, i'll be curious on Saturday how they come out. Hopefully Cumberland does not try to do to much, and our pressure causes issues with X handling the ball. I would expect us to pressure the entire game, and i would also expect having watched X a couple times that we drive the ball to the hole on the offensive end. Their D has been iffy in the half court, and i believe with our current group we can get shots at the goal off the dribble or get fouled. Interesting matchup as not a lot of real storylines. I believe Cumberland is 1 and 1 in the Shootout, so he has a chance to push it to 2 and 1.

Comment

Nice interview with Scott after the game. Nice kid. He was definitely out to prove something after the UNLV game.
                          The two teams I hate the most are o$u and x. If we lost to both of them the same year I would lose my mind!! We could go 26-2 but if those were the 2 losses I would be depressed.

Comment

Did the announcers happen to say how Cumberland got the black eye? If so, I must have missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by steveedwards View Post
                              Did the announcers happen to say how Cumberland got the black eye? If so, I must have missed it.
                              Sam Martin roughed him up because of his play in Vegas...jk
                              Cory Huffman
                              Cin City

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X