No announcement yet.

Around the American, Basketball Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't know where to drop this and this thread hasn't been touched since March but...

Rothstein: Wichita State has dismissed Teddy Allen from its men's basketball program, per a school spokesman. Allen was arrested earlier this week for "domestic disturbance". Major news in the American Conference.

(Former West Virginia player, believe UC was on his short list before committing to WVU a few years ago)

Comment

Houston lands Kansas transfer Quentin Grimes (former 5-star recruit, McDs AA)

Comment

Going to be interesting to see whether he gets his waiver after the NCAA decided to puts the clamps on transfers yesterday.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Man, it's going to be a war in the AAC going forward with what's going on, especially in Memphis and Houston right now. It appears the whole league is on the upswing. I think Brannen is up to the challenge from what I've seen so far, but this league is getting tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            Going to be interesting to see whether he gets his waiver after the NCAA decided to puts the clamps on transfers yesterday.
            I missed the story on NCAA putting clamps on transfers. Is there a link? Is this only certain tainted players or programs?
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I missed the story on NCAA putting clamps on transfers. Is there a link? Is this only certain tainted players or programs?
              There are several articles out there. Here's one:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ty/1569260001/

Comment

Rothstein on the AAC (Twitter)

American Conference Preseason Power Rankings:
                1. Memphis
                2. Cincinnati
                3. Houston
                4. South Florida
                5. Wichita State
                6. UConn
                7. Temple
                8. SMU
                9. Tulsa
                10. UCF
                11. ECU
                12. Tulane

American Conference Preseason Player of the Year for 19-20: Jarron Cumberland, Cincinnati

American Conference Preseason First Team for 19-20:
                Jarron Cumberland, Cincinnati
                Dejon Jarreau, Houston
                Quinton Rose, Temple
                Alexis Yetna, South Florida
                James Wiseman, Memphis

American Conference Preseason Sleeper for 19-20: Temple

10 Impact American Conference Freshmen (in no particular order):
                James Wiseman, Memphis
                Boogie Ellis, Memphis
                D.J. Jeffries, Memphis
                Precious Achiuwa, Memphis
                Lester Quinones, Memphis
                James Bouknight, UConn
                Akok Akok, UConn
                Zach Harvey, Cincy
                Caleb Mills, UH
                Grant Sherfield, WSU

5 Under-The-Radar American Conference Freshmen (in no particular order):
                Malcolm Dandridge, Memphis
                Ty Etienne, Wichita State
                Jalen Gaffney, UConn
                Charles Smith, SMU
                Josh Pierre-Louis, Temple

10 Impact American Conference Transfers (in no particular order):
                Justin Gorham, UH
                Jaevin Cumberland, Cincy
                Zack Dawson, USF
                James Scott, Temple
                K.J. Lawson, Tulane
                Lance Thomas, Memphis
                Dazon Ingram, UCF
                Yuat Alok, UCF
                Tyson Jolly, SMU (JUCO)
                Trey Wade, Wichita State (JUCO)

5 Under-The-Radar American Conference Transfers (in no particular order):
                J.J. Miles, East Caroina (JUCO)
                Tyrie Jackson, East Carolina (JUCO)
                Matt Milon, UCF
                Reggie Jones, Tulsa
                Brandon Rachal, Tulsa (JUCO)

5 Breakout American Conference Players (in no particular order):
                Nate Hinton, Houston
                Dexter Dennis, Wichita State
                Justyn Hamilton, Temple
                Mayan Kiir, South Florida
                Feron Hunt, SMU
                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 07-01-2019, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I think Keith Williams will be a major breakout player in the conference this year. Rothstein missed on him.

Comment

Keith Williams was set for a breakout year before the coaching change and he will only blossom more under Brennan's style. While there is a lot of talent on this team, the go to guys will be Jarron and Keith. Trevon will get his because of his innate ability to rebound. The Frosh and grad transfer will be solid and this team will compete for league championship. I kinda thought Nate Hinton brokeout last year. In fact, I think Hinto will be top dog on that Cougar team not Jarreau.

Related to UConn leaving, I don't think Hurley will have the Huskies ready for middle of the pack in AAC. Too many distractions for my liking and I predict regression for both the team ranking and consistent star players.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                      Keith Williams was set for a breakout year before the coaching change and he will only blossom more under Brennan's style. While there is a lot of talent on this team, the go to guys will be Jarron and Keith. Trevon will get his because of his innate ability to rebound. The Frosh and grad transfer will be solid and this team will compete for league championship. I kinda thought Nate Hinton brokeout last year. In fact, I think Hinto will be top dog on that Cougar team not Jarreau.

Related to UConn leaving, I don't think Hurley will have the Huskies ready for middle of the pack in AAC. Too many distractions for my liking and I predict regression for both the team ranking and consistent star players.
                      Trevon will be able to do more than just rebound in this scheme. He is the most likely candidate to fill the role played by Mcdonald at NKU. Brannon utilizes a lot of pick & roll and pick & pop. Trevon showed he can shoot from outside, which will draw a larger defender out on him.

Comment

• Season Preview of WSU ($)

https://theathletic.com/1086274/2019...wichita-sttae/
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Here's The Athletic's preview of the Houston Cougars ($):

https://theathletic.com/1120560/2019...n-think-again/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X