No announcement yet.

Around the American, Basketball Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the heels of Mick getting tossed the other night there's this. I'm not sure which was worse, Cronin's ejection or the double ejection of Haith and Hurley last night. There's a point of emphasis on coaching decorum this year. Looks like the refs in the AAC are going for broke on it.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ricane-ejected
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Also, Surprise! Wichita St beat UCF last night.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=401084768
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Full slate of games on Saturday for the conference

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../date/20190119
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          On the heels of Mick getting tossed the other night there's this. I'm not sure which was worse, Cronin's ejection or the double ejection of Haith and Hurley last night. There's a point of emphasis on coaching decorum this year. Looks like the refs in the AAC are going for broke on it.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ricane-ejected
          I was watching when this occurred. Both coaches deserved the first T. I'm not so sure about the second. Hurley tried to approach Haith to shake hands and the second official jumped in and T'd them both up again.

Hurley, even from UConn fans' perspectives, is a whiner, but I see no issue with a goodwill effort to end the encounter. However, a friend of mine, who was a HS ref, said the rules are explicit that the coaches are not permitted even to talk to each other, much less approach and argue.

Comment

Temple got bounced from a Big 5 game by Penn.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Not a ton of good ones on in the league today. Good stuff happens after we play tomorrow.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../date/20190127
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

USF trailed at ECU, then blew out the Pirates, 77-57 this afternoon.

SMU was awful at home against Tulane, trailing for large portions of the game. But, the Mustangs went on a run of 15 straight scoring possessions and came away with an 85-75 victory.

The Shockers are fading. They went through the motions up in Hartford and UConn blasted them, 80-60. WSU dropped to #140 in the KenPom.

Speaking of KenPom, NKU is turning out to be a good win for the Cats. The Norse are now 17-4 and have risen to #78, eight spots ahead of XU.

Comment

Big Game Thursday 1/31 between Temple and Houston - 7:00 ESPN2
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Miserable crowd at Fertitta Center for Temple at Houston. Cougars up early, 13-7.

Comment

Half: UH 35, Temple 29

Comment

Houston held off Temple for a 73-66 win, while ECU rallied in the second half to eke out a home victory over Tulane, 66-65.

UConn is on the road at UCF and trying to catch up without Alterique Gibson, who's not playing tonight. The Huskies are down, 34-22, at the half. Gibson injured his shoulder in the prior game. I don't know if he'll be out long.

Comment

UConn never caught up despite 27 by Adams.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                            UConn is on the road at UCF and trying to catch up without Alterique Gibson, who's not playing tonight. The Huskies are down, 34-22, at the half. Gibson injured his shoulder in the prior game. I don't know if he'll be out long.
                            Alterique Gilbert has a history of shoulder injuries. He was the 2016 and 2017 pre-season AAC Rookie of the year, but was out after 3 and 6 games, respectively.

Comment

I watched the Temple / Houston game last night....Temple was in the game, let the 1st half slip away with (2) minutes to go...Kept it close it the second half until the last (5) minutes... Temple was not hitting the 3's like they did against UC...Maybe Houston's 3pt Defense is a little better... UC can beat them, especially if Brooks & Scott play to their fullest potential ... Both games should be decided by 5pts or less.....

Comment

I am quite impressed with Houston's length. speed and defense. They are not bulky but very athletic.Looks like a bunch of Tre Scott type bodies. We will have to force an off shooting night for them if we are going to beat them. I think they are pretty legit.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X