Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polls 2018-2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Expect UC to return to the AP Top 25 this afternoon, after a couple weeks as the first team outside (26th). #17 Villanova, #18 Louisville, and #19 Iowa State all went 0-2 this week, so surely at least one will drop. #21 Iowa lost one and needed OT to beat Indiana so, while they may not drop, UC might be able to jump them.

    Have seen several AP ballots posted to Twitter, which includes Seth Davis ranking UC at 17, Louisville's Rick Bozich at 18, Jon Rothstein at 20.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      Expect UC to return to the AP Top 25 this afternoon, after a couple weeks as the first team outside (26th). #17 Villanova, #18 Louisville, and #19 Iowa State all went 0-2 this week, so surely at least one will drop. #21 Iowa lost one and needed OT to beat Indiana so, while they may not drop, UC might be able to jump them.

      Have seen several AP ballots posted to Twitter, which includes Seth Davis ranking UC at 17, Louisville's Rick Bozich at 18, Jon Rothstein at 20.
      Up to #23 (and pretty far ahead of #24 Wofford and #25 Washington). Houston up to #8. Take care of business this week, escape at UCF and going to be a great end of the season game vs. Houston.

      Comment


      • #48
        Both polls are out plus ratings.

        AP 23

        Coaches 22

        Kenpom 31

        NET 24

        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

        Comment


        • #49
          AP: UC #21....... Houston #6 ....... UCF #29

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
            AP: UC #21....... Houston #6 ....... UCF #29
            It’s interesting that the Cougars lost, but moved up from #8.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
              It’s interesting that the Cougars lost, but moved up from #8.

              Yeah, I shook my head on that one.... and UCF only #29.... Temple is #57, and Memphis is #53.... I would have Temple ranked ahead of Memphis!

              Comment


              • #52
                I must have not been paying attention.... Looks like these are the correct Rankings:

                Houston #12
                UC #20
                UCF #25

                My apologies for reporting incorrectly the first time...

                Comment


                • #53
                  Coaches poll:

                  UH 12, UC 19, UCF 27

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Kenpom 31

                    NET 21

                    BTW, Someone on Twitter posted that only one AP voter didn't have us ranked at all. The voter's reasoning is that he uses Kenpom to fill out his poll.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Lobot View Post

                      BTW, Someone on Twitter posted that only one AP voter didn't have us ranked at all. The voter's reasoning is that he uses Kenpom to fill out his poll.
                      Do you remember who said it?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by met_man View Post

                        Do you remember who said it?
                        Chuck Miller. The Voter was Jesse Newell, the KU beat writer.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Kenpom 31

                          NET 21

                          BTW, Someone on Twitter posted that only one AP voter didn't have us ranked at all. The voter's reasoning is that he uses Kenpom to fill out his poll.
                          With 353 Div 1 teams, a writer can't see even a fraction of them. So KenPom is probably as good as anything else. I'm sure the KU beat writer has a few other issues to pay attention to.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Still in AP poll at #24, despite two straight losses. I haven't seen coaches' poll.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              #23 in Coaches’. UH #11 AP& #10 coaches.

                              UCF #26 in each.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                NET 25

                                AP 22

                                Coaches 24

                                KP 32
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

                                Comment

                                Responsive Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X