No announcement yet.

Polls 2018-2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that I am wrong but I believe that they will fall out after this week. On the road to Memphis and two days later on the road to Houston. The people who made the schedule did UC no favors.

Comment

UC Drops to #26 in the latest AP Poll....

Comment

Same for the Coaches poll
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Houston up to #9 in both.

Comment

So..

AP 26

Coaches 26

Kenpom 27

NET 24

Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Sounds like a 7 seed.

Comment

26 th in the AP again today.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Tied for 25th in the Coaches.

Net 23

Kenpom 31
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

What a DISGRACE !!!!!! #26 in the AP POLL, after Maryland loses again this weekend, at 19-7...... PATHETIC to say the least..... Kansas State also loss to LSU this past week and stays at #23 , Wisconsin loses this past weekend and only drops two spots...from #20 to #22..... UC Wins and stays IDOL.......WHAT A JOKE !!!!

This is why VOTING needs to be taken out of the hands of HUMANS and let the computers do the ranking....

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                      What a DISGRACE !!!!!! #26 in the AP POLL, after Maryland loses again this weekend, at 19-7...... PATHETIC to say the least..... Kansas State also loss to LSU this past week and stays at #23 , Wisconsin loses this past weekend and only drops two spots...from #20 to #22..... UC Wins and stays IDOL.......WHAT A JOKE !!!!

This is why VOTING needs to be taken out of the hands of HUMANS and let the computers do the ranking....
                      Obviously, the voters were not impressed with UC's win at home over a team that is 12-12 on the season and 5-7 in the league. Hard to argue with that rationale. The B1G conference does garner a fair amount of credibility, which likely explains the voters treatment of Maryland and Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Obviously, the voters were not impressed with UC's win at home over a team that is 12-12 on the season and 5-7 in the league. Hard to argue with that rationale. The B1G conference does garner a fair amount of credibility, which likely explains the voters treatment of Maryland and Wisconsin.

Yeah, that's one way to look at it...Or? You could base voting on UC's body of work the entire year....Or?? Some might say UC should have NEVER dropped from the Top 25 after a close loss to Houston on their court....

Comment

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what a group of writers and coaches think of a team. it's all about how that team is viewed by the people charged with the duty of selecting and seeding. If they're not impressed, then UC will get an unfavorable slot. If they like where the Cats stand, relative to other teams in the field, they'll get a chance to move up.

The meat of the schedule lies ahead. Three at home and three away. Just win, baby!

Comment

Yeah, that's one way to look at it...Or? You could base voting on UC's body of work the entire year....Or?? Some might say UC should have NEVER dropped from the Top 25 after a close loss to Houston on their court....
                            I agree with this. No way we should have dropped 3 spots for a close road game loss at a higher ranked team. Too many of these voters, AP in particular, just stare at box scores the next morning. I get it. You can't watch all the games every night. I haven't wandered over to the other thread on the NET but I don't think we moved at all in the NET rankings after the Houston loss. That was probably correct.

On the AP site at : https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll you can click on Voters and select a voter and it will show the ballot they submitted. Somewhere out there there's a site which has the whole thing in a matrix so you can jeer the voter on Twitter if you're so inclined. I don't have a link for it at the moment though.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It all comes down to our lack of success in the tournament and lack of credibility regardless of our record. If you were a voter, how many times would you jump on board our bandwagon only to have us underachieve and prove you wrong. I can promise you if we make the elite 8 (maybe even sweet 16) and are 21-4 next year, we will be ranked around 10-12. Got to earn it boys. Our emotional opinion doesn't carry a lot of weight until we prove something other than we are one of the best teams in an average league.

Comment

Does UC's entire body of work reflect a team that should be ranked? I'd say the polls reflect the writers and coaches view on that question. Have they defeated any team that is currently ranked? In looking at this week's rankings, I don't believe so.

Red Dog sums it all up for UC - "Got to earn it boys." swlisonsp4 also is correct that it doesn't matter what the writers and coaches think of UC. The selection committee is who UC needs to impress. They have their chances to impress with the remaining schedule. It's their opportunity to take.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X