OOC schedule for 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOC schedule for 2019

John Rothstein broke the news today that we have scheduled a non conference game with Iowa at the United Center in Chicago for next season. I don't believe this is part of a tournament so Iowa should actually get to play us this time.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Paradise Jam on deck in 2019 in the US Virgin Islands.

Team list is interesting. Especially since Nevada is on it.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ms/1741674002/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Home and home announced with Tennessee https://gobearcats.com/news/2018/12/...tennessee.aspx (game is 12/18 at home, Iowa in Chicago on 11/21)

Next year:
      - UNLV and Tennessee at home
      - Ohio State and Xavier on the road
      - Iowa in Chicago
      - Paradise Jam with Nevada and some decent mid majors (WKU, Illinois State, Grand Canyon, Valparaiso, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Paradise Jam on deck in 2019 in the US Virgin Islands.

Team list is interesting. Especially since Nevada is on it.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ms/1741674002/
        Rothstein, citing a release, on first round matchups:

Nevada/Fordham
        VALPO/Grand Canyon
        Cincinnati/Illinois State
        Western Kentucky/Bowling Green

With the roster in flux, can't really gripe here. Hopefully get some decent wins and find a way to win the tourney.

Found a bracket via Twitter
        UC vs. Illinois State on November 22 at 5:45 p.m. ET
        UC vs. BGSU/WKU on November 24 at 7:30 p.m. (or 5 p.m. if they lost)
        UC vs. Valpo/Grand Canyon/Fordham/Nevada on November 25 (time depends on matchup)
        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-13-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

This year's Crosstown Shootout (at XU) will be played on Saturday, December 7

Comment

Not among the four AAC/SEC matchups this year - per Rothstein (Memphis, Houston, Wichita, SMU are)

Comment

Can't say I'm surprised. We already have Tennesee on the schedule.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Memphis does too. It looks like we already got a smack down from ESPN. That didn't take long. I still want out of the AAC.

Comment

Not sure what all the fuss is with this challenge, a chance to play one of the bottom feeders in the SEC? I'm not all that disappointed UC was left out.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                    This year's Crosstown Shootout (at XU) will be played on Saturday, December 7
                    A date that will live in infamy.
                    ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

It's possible we declined SEC challenge for future challenge
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I believe this is only a two year agreement. There is no guarantee it will continue after these games are completed.

Comment

Ticket link for the Paradise Jam :http://www.cvent.com/d/96qyn6
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                            I believe this is only a two year agreement. There is no guarantee it will continue after these games are completed.
                            With Tennessee in schedule, perhaps UC will have better matchup or home gane in year two, 20/21

The whole team was in flux at time this was being worked.
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

UC will reportedly host Vermont in early December. Vermont has won the America East Conference three years in a row, with two NCAA appearances as a 13 seed (lost to Purdue in 2017 by 10, lost to FSU by 7 this year - both made the Sweet 16). I believe NBA prospect Anthony Lamb will be back.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X