Red & Black Open Scrimmage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red & Black Open Scrimmage

The scrimmmage will be held at Princeton HS. It's free, sponsored and they will be accepting donations for Coaches Vs. Cancer here: www.crowdrise.com/UCCoachesvsCancer.

The gym at Viking Village seats 2500 so get there early.

Personal Note: My family has also been afftected by cancer somewhat recently. If you enjoy what I do here, I'd appreciate a donation to link above. If you donate $25 or more, I'll send you tickets for a game (Not OSU or X). You do not have to be a member of the board to do this. Just screenshot the donation receipt (without the credit card number in it) and Message me here or on Twitter or FB or Instagram at the @ in my signature and I'll make it work until I run out of tickets.

Extra credit for anyone who can find my name on the donation bricks at PHS. I'm class of '87

https://gobearcats.com/news/2018/10/...vs-cancer.aspx

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

How thoughtful! Done!
    Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

I'm a little less concerned about the upcoming season after tonight. It was a pretty decent scrimmage. Final was 84-81 for the black team. There was a lot of up and down and not a whole lot of defense, at least not a lot of Cronin defense. Brooks and Scott looked both looked much improved especially on offense, hopefully that transfers to real games. Cumberland was as expected, he could score almost whenever he wanted, and ran some point for the black team. This may be the fastest team we've seen under Mick, especially if they go to 4 guards A few other observations.

If Trevor Moore maintains his confidence he'll make a lot of shots, he was pure shooting the 3 tonight.
      Logan Johnson is a blur, he really pushed everything tonight and wasn't afraid to attack the basket.
      Hardnett was kind of a surprise, he looks like he'll be a scorer eventually, solid offense in the lane and around the rim.
      Fredericks looks a little smaller than I thought, but tons of athleticism.
      Diarra looked much more assured than last year at this time.
      Williams was also on the attack most of the night.
      Jennifer and Broome were more in control than last year.
      Nsosme looked far more like he belonged, solid presence inside.
      Prince Gillam Toyanbe didn't play, he sat on the bench with his jacket the whole game.
      Unlike last year, the walkons didn't play, possibly Mick is pushing harder early this year because of the early O$U game.

The place holds 2500 and it looked full to me. They didn't announce the former Bearcats, but I did see Dermarr Johnson sitting on the red team bench.
      Last edited by longtimefan; 10-18-2018, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Recap, box score, and photos"
        https://gobearcats.com/news/2018/10/...ack-85-84.aspx

Comment

Prince didn't play becuase he's banged up according to what Mick to Justin WIlliams.

Also saw a few things stating Diarra still looks raw. Any Truth to that?
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X