Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacob GONZO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jacob GONZO

    ESPN published a Long write up that included an interview with Evans. They now have him #24 in their top-100 NBA prospects after Sundays game and speaking with scouts. Good write up on his strengths/weaknesses and how he fits the NBA game. Jacobs assessment of himself was also interesting. I dont see a path to his return.
    My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

  • #2
    Somebody on here sent me some screen shots from that ESPN Insider article. The writer, Jonathan Givony, ran Draft Express for years before joining up with ESPN and know what he's talking about so if he has him rated at 24 it's probably pretty accurate. This being the case I would absolutely expect Evans to leave if he gets a guarantee from a team to go in the first round. If he's going to come back, he's going to need an injury insurance policy.

    Article is here if you want to pay for it:

    http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/stor...allers-top-100
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

    Comment


    • #3
      I think it's 50/50 , some boards like NBA Draft Express & SI have Jacob listed late on Round 2 as of Monday. If Jacob's not guaranteed he's going in the 1st Rd he would be foolish to leave. I would think / hope he would be a solid 1st rd pick next year...

      Comment


      • #4
        The sporting news has him at 23 as of yesterday.

        Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
        I think it's 50/50 , some boards like NBA Draft Express & SI have Jacob listed late on Round 2 as of Monday. If Jacob's not guaranteed he's going in the 1st Rd he would be foolish to leave. I would think / hope he would be a solid 1st rd pick next year...
        My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
          The sporting news has him at 23 as of yesterday.

          I saw that which is fantastic for Jacob.... It comes down to who do you believe? I think will have a better understanding if he's leaving after the tournament... Jacob could decide his own fate depending how well he plays in the Tourney.....

          Comment


          • #6
            If Jacob takes us to the Promised Land (or really close), then he has my blessing!
            Former KMart Ball Boy

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BearKatz View Post


              I saw that which is fantastic for Jacob.... It comes down to who do you believe? I think will have a better understanding if he's leaving after the tournament... Jacob could decide his own fate depending how well he plays in the Tourney.....
              I believe Givony. NBA draft and talent evaluation is literally all he does as far as I know and it's specifically why ESPN gobbled up Draft Express. Wouldn't be surprised to be see him on NBA draft coverage in the Mel Kiper role this year.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

              Comment

              Responsive Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X