AAC Championships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC Championships

UC is the number 1 seed and will play the winner of the No. 8 UConn vs No. 9 SMU game on Friday.
    http://theamerican.org/news/2018/3/4...mpionship.aspx

I really hope we don't have to play UConn... They aren't the same this year obviously but they have this habit of going on a tear starting with the conference tournament.... Too many bad memories

Comment

My concern with either of these teams is not talent its physicality. These two teams both know they can't beat us so they resort to beating us up. Gary and Jacob are both hobbling as it is. I hope we are healthy enough to make the run we are all hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
        My concern with either of these teams is not talent its physicality. These two teams both know they can't beat us so they resort to beating us up. Gary and Jacob are both hobbling as it is. I hope we are healthy enough to make the run we are all hoping for.
        I agree. It seems typically that the team's best players get hurt or hobbled just before tournament time. To go deep into the brackets, they need to be healthy. Maybe they should sit Davis and Clark in the conference tournament to let them have more time to heal and providing the bench more prime time play. Just a thought.

Comment

I thought about that also but its not going to happen. Unfortunately we all have bad K Mart memories. Maybe at least reduced minutes? With 1 win I think we secure our 2 seed. Win it all and we are still a two seed. Ideally both play, we play well and win it all and sustain no lingering physical carry overs to the Dance.

Comment

Ok, would you rather play Uconn on a neutral court when Terry Larrier has a foot out the door or SMU where Shake Milton is unlikely to play and basically gone and into the NBA draft?

I'd go with SMU becuase we know they don't have the horses to keep up against our defense without Milton. Even with Chargois available, they're not deep enough.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I would tend to agree although SMU is seething from the last beat down we gave them on their floor. Bad or not, UConn has always been a tough out - especially for us.

Comment

4.5 Days to rest, might be the cure for Evans & Clark, more so Evans..... Would prefer to play UConn, but I don't think it will matter.... If we could sit Evans on Friday, that would be even better.... If we win the Championship, we should lock in a #2 Seed.... Will be interesting to see how far we move up in the AP Poll..... I'm guessing #7 ??

Comment

That's what I would expect also. A 6 is possible but we should at least be seven.

Comment

I think now we are playing for how high of a 2 seed we can be (and not to fall to a 3 seed.) Team Rankings has us as the #2 - 2 Seed, and I think Lunardi as 3rd or 4th and Palm has us as 3rd.
                    Bleed red and black and everything else will take care of itself!

Comment

Shake Milton will not play for SMU tomorrow which makes it very likely we're getting Uconn on Friday at 12:00.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The SMU vs. UConn game is on at 12:00 on ESPNU today for those who want to see what parts of their rosters are still intact.

Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Looks like everyone's expecting Bearcats vs. Angry Wheat Round 3 in the AAC tournament. I'm not buying it. Conference tournaments are weird.

https://theathletic.com/262648/2018/...-expectations/
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

At this point its looking like UConn did not come to play. SMU 42 UConn 23 at the half.

Comment

UCONN made it a game, but couldn't make the annual machup with UC in the tournament happen.
                              Josh Rexhausen
                              CE'99

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X