DOJ issues Large CBB Corruption Case indictments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

I hear what you're saying, but the NCAA is made up by the member schools, and the schools set the rules. What's significant about this is there is (supposedly) actual evidence of cheating, something that not usually at hand for the NCAA rule enforcers. The reason the usual NCAA enforcement seems so inequitable is that some schools lie better than others.

So.....the reason UNC Hoops escaped punishment from the NCAA after admitting 18 years of academic fraud, while programs like Minnesota basketball, Missouri Football and Northern Colorado Basketball received Probation and/or Post Season Bans for the same violation is because they lied better??

Hey I’ll bet you a nice steak dinner at Ruby’s that in this FBI corruption scandal that the NCAA steps in and hammers LSU, while Arizona and Kansas programs pretty much escape with no Probation or Post Season Ban? Deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackattack View Post

So.....the reason UNC Hoops escaped punishment from the NCAA after admitting 18 years of academic fraud, while programs like Minnesota basketball, Missouri Football and Northern Colorado Basketball received Probation and/or Post Season Bans for the same violation is because they lied better??

No, the reason UNC escaped was because their academic fraud was open to all UNC students, not just athletes. In this case, truth was greater than fiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
        No, the reason UNC escaped was because their academic fraud was open to all UNC students, not just athletes. In this case, truth was greater than fiction.
        Yes I'm aware of that. That was the "loophole" the NC2A conveniently used to avoid punishing one of their cash cows. So in reality it wasn't because UNC lied better.......they just cheated better and to a far greater extent. You really can't make this stuff up.......and sensible people know full well why UNC skated.
        Btw......my steak dinner offer still stands.
        Last edited by blackattack; 03-09-2019, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Ok, this is a curveball. Yesterday, Fed prosecutors went after Michael Avenatti, the lawyer most famous for defending Stormy Daniels re: Donald Trump. He got a number of charges thrown at him. One of the charges was extortion and the target was Nike.

This morning Avenatti tweeted that he has the goods on Nike re payments to players specifically DeAndre Ayton and Sean Miller at Arizona. All parties are probably screwed here.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            Ok, this is a curveball. Yesterday, Fed prosecutors went after Michael Avenatti, the lawyer most famous for defending Stormy Daniels re: Donald Trump. He got a number of charges thrown at him. One of the charges was extortion and the target was Nike.

This morning Avenatti tweeted that he has the goods on Nike re payments to players specifically DeAndre Ayton and Sean Miller at Arizona. All parties are probably screwed here.
            While I'd be surprised if Sean Miller got off Scot free, I'd take much of what Avenatti says with a huge lump of salt. He may have something on Nike, but he's really an unreliable person of low moral character, who's now up to his neck in Federal charges.

Comment

• He just implicated Bol Bol and Dana Altman at Oregon
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

While I'd be surprised if Sean Miller got off Scot free, I'd take much of what Avenatti says with a huge lump of salt. He may have something on Nike, but he's really an unreliable person of low moral character, who's now up to his neck in Federal charges.
                It all depends on what proof or documentation Avenatti has. He's been right some of the time and wrong some of the time. At any rate, Avenatti and Nike deserve each other.

Comment

• Interesting development. Gatto has to pay back money to the schools he routed players to as well as parents and guardians of some of the players involved.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...c-state-kansas
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Will Wade gets his day in "court" . This might turn out to be a precursor to the type of thing that happens to Sean Miller.

https://sports.yahoo.com/will-wade-t...215448668.html
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Will Wade was just reinstated at LSU. That's confusing.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X