Transfer Portal Watch 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Newman averaged 20.0 minutes over the team's first 15 games (300 minutes) and just 6.1 minutes (43 total minutes) over the last seven -- including three post season games. Seems like plenty of reason for him to look for a new landing spot.
    I read somewhere that he had a knee issue that limited his availability down the stretch for them. I believe he had a procedure after the season was over. It wasn't major surgery, but i'm guessing some sort of cleanup.

Comment

• @jakelieberman
      Minnesota's Brandon Johnson entered the transfer portal last night. He averaged 8.9 PPG, 6.3 RPG, in nearly 26 minutes of game action. Last go around Cincinnati, Dayton, Connecticut, Tulane, South Alabama, and New Mexico were in the mix for him.

Comment

• Ody Oguama heading to the transfer portal
        - High major experience, check (Wake Forest sophomore)
        - Size, check (6'9, 225 lbs)
        - Decent stats, check (7.6 points, 5.4 rebounds)
        - From North Carolina, check (Raleigh)

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...075/ody-oguama

Comment

• I want Brandon Johnson BAD. Wanted him last year, want him more this year. Dude is a beast.

Comment

Ody Oguama heading to the transfer portal
            - High major experience, check (Wake Forest sophomore)
            - Size, check (6'9, 225 lbs)
            - Decent stats, check (7.6 points, 5.4 rebounds)
            - From North Carolina, check (Raleigh)

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...075/ody-oguama
            He's officially in the portal this morning.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• And Chad Brendel tweeted the following: Expecting Cincinnati to make a strong push for Wake Forrest big man @odyoguama. 7.6 ppg and 5.4 rpg as a sophomore in the ACC last year. Would give the roster a physical presence inside that is missing right now. Fits Wes Miller’s style of play with energy and effort at the rim.

Comment

And Chad Brendel tweeted the following: Expecting Cincinnati to make a strong push for Wake Forrest big man @odyoguama. 7.6 ppg and 5.4 rpg as a sophomore in the ACC last year. Would give the roster a physical presence inside that is missing right now. Fits Wes Miller’s style of play with energy and effort at the rim.

Hopefully we land him, good size and physical on the inside.....Does he have immediate eligibility?

Comment

• Quinn Slazinksi , F from UL, in the portal. Shannon Russell is reporting we’re on the short list
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• From old friend Shannon Russell, now on the Louisville beat: I'm told Cincinnati and Butler are among the frontrunners interested in Quinn Slazinksi. Can't imagine he'll stay on the transfer market long.

Quinn S is a 6'8 SF from Houston who averaged 6.2 and 3.6 in 21.0 mins per game at Louisville this past year, as a sophomore https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...uinn-slazinski

Comment

• As expected for some time (though seemed possibly in doubt in recent weeks), CJ Fredrick to Kentucky.

Comment

From old friend Shannon Russell, now on the Louisville beat: I'm told Cincinnati and Butler are among the frontrunners interested in Quinn Slazinksi. Can't imagine he'll stay on the transfer market long.

Quinn S is a 6'8 SF from Houston who averaged 6.2 and 3.6 in 21.0 mins per game at Louisville this past year, as a sophomore https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...uinn-slazinski
                        If we get a choice I believe Ody is the better if the two. That's just my two cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post

If we get a choice I believe Ody is the better if the two. That's just my two cents.
                          Both would be even better.

Comment

• Yes, yes it would indeed. We could definitely use both of them. However there's another big center that's out there still un- committed that Im aware of that Im hoping CWM is in touch with. It may be just a far fetched dream but man it would be nice if Wes could obtain him so I don't want to jinx it by naming him.

Comment

@jakelieberman2: Freshman UMass transfer Ronnie DeGray (@Ronnie_DeGray23) tells me that he has heard from the following: Mizzou, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Xavier, Cincinnati, UNLV, LSU, Penn State, + others. Averaged 8.7 PPG and 4.6 RPG this season.
                              Missouri-bound

Comment

• Cincinnati, Kansas, Minnesota, UCF, ECU, Arkansas, Georgia Tech, Butler, Siena, Longwood, and UNCG have all reached out to Wake Forest transfer Ody Oguama he tells @247Sports.

The 6-foot-9, 225 pound sophomore plans on making a list within the next week and a decision the week after. Arkansas and Cincinnati have been the main schools so far for Oguama with Kansas and Minnesota being the latest schools to enter the mix.

https://247sports.com/college/arkans...mpression=true
                                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-09-2021, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X