Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Watch 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Transfer Portal Watch 2021

    Ok some ground rules. If you see someone you like hit the portal, put it here. If they get contacted by the staff I'll create a thread on them. Anyone who was previously recruited by the current staff should already have a thread so no need to put the IU guys in here.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

  • #2
    Thanks for starting this!

    South Florida graduate transfer David Collins is receiving interest from the following schools, his HS coach told @Stockrisers: UConn, St. John’s, Miami, Maryland, K-State, Cincinnati, Clemson, Georgia, Florida State, Cal.
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-15-2021, 05:46 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      Thanks for starting this!

      South Florida graduate transfer David Collins is receiving interest from the following schools, his HS coach told @Stockrisers: UConn, St. John’s, Miami, Maryland, K-State, Cincinnati, Clemson, Georgia, Florida State, Cal.
      Per the USF site, Collins shot 42% from floor, but a decent 37.3% from outside. He didn't shoot many treys (51 over 22 games played). He was a bricklayer at the line (65/117 for 55.6%).

      75 assists with 70 turnovers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Gabe Madsen’s leaving

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

          He was a bricklayer at the line (65/117 for 55.6%).
          He would fit in perfectly on our team!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
            Gabe Madsen’s leaving
            well you had to at least thought that many things figure into someone who left coming back. That is why I say wait until they show up at practice or register for classes.

            Comment


            • #7
              Four guys from Penn State in the portal already this morning, including three of the top four scorers (leading scorer is a junior, other two are going to grad transfer).

              Comment


              • #8
                Xavier's Daniel Ramsey has entered the portal.

                Their 2019 class:
                #89 Tandy - portal yesterday
                #119 Bishop - transferred last year
                #134 Freemantle - 2nd team all-Big East
                #162 Ramsey - portal today
                #193 Miles - could be next to go, has not played much if I recall correctly

                Comment


                • #9
                  On a Bearcat Journal podcast posted last night, Chad Brendel said:
                  - UC has met with (I assume via Zoom) Au'diese Toney from Pitt https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../audiese-toney
                  - UC expected to talk with Cam'Ron Fletcher of Kentucky https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...r/_/id/4432182 (low stats but Top 100 recruit - will have a lot of people coming after him)
                  - Called George Washington's Jamison Battle an "interesting one" (had a good connection at NKU, per Chad) but also thought he might be similar to Davenport and added he will have a long line of suitors as well https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...jamison-battle

                  (also teased a "significant impact" 5 man if it were to come to fruition, could not say yet - not saying if he's HS prospect, transfer, international kid ... I assume it's not a high school kid and therefore I'd speculate it could be a foreign guy but who knows)
                  Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-16-2021, 10:20 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Temple's JP Moorman II (7.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg) is entering the portal as a grad transfer

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ESPN's Jeff Borzello: Western Carolina guard Mason Faulkner is in the transfer portal as a graduate transfer, sources told ESPN. Averaged 16.9 points, 5.5 rebounds, 4.8 assists this season. First-team All-SoCon last season, third-team this season.

                      Played under Brannen at NKU

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Saunders leaving

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          In the name of this thread, I think we can now put the entire roster on "transfer portal watch" ... UGH

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah... starting to look that way

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                              On a Bearcat Journal podcast posted last night, Chad Brendel said:
                              - UC has met with (I assume via Zoom) Au'diese Toney from Pitt https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../audiese-toney
                              - UC expected to talk with Cam'Ron Fletcher of Kentucky https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...r/_/id/4432182 (low stats but Top 100 recruit - will have a lot of people coming after him)
                              - Called George Washington's Jamison Battle an "interesting one" (had a good connection at NKU, per Chad) but also thought he might be similar to Davenport and added he will have a long line of suitors as well https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...jamison-battle

                              (also teased a "significant impact" 5 man if it were to come to fruition, could not say yet - not saying if he's HS prospect, transfer, international kid ... I assume it's not a high school kid and therefore I'd speculate it could be a foreign guy but who knows)
                              I'll bite, optimist viewpoint. Is there any chance we come out of this stronger? Could Brannen have given young players an ultimatum of sorts along with a self improvement plan? Are players upset because Brannen is recruiting over them? The info from Brendel seems positive in being able to add an impact 5, which goes a long way toward fully implementing Brannen's system on both offense and defense. The defections aren't just bad, they're horrible. I'm willing to give Terry the benefit of doubt as he is much closer to this program than most of all of us on the forum. As we debate/discuss Brannen's future, let's also remember that a large chunk of the fanbase wanted Cronin gone for his lack of offensive mentality and welcomed Brannen. Is there any hope left for Brannen in Clifton? If he is done, I feel for him because this wasn't a fair shake on his ability to be a successful Div 1 head basketball coach.

                              PS Has Nicky attained his coaching certificate from the NCAA? I want to be optimistic, but it is getting harder and harder.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

                              Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

                              Comment

                              Responsive Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X