Radio Show tidbits 2/22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Show tidbits 2/22

I didn't catch the whole radio show last night but we are apparently looking at several Aussies and Canadians for 2021 recruiting per John Brannen. He can't name names per NCAA regs and probably doesn't want to so don't ask me who they are at this point . If I get names I'll post a thread on each player.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    I didn't catch the whole radio show last night but we are apparently looking at several Aussies and Canadians for 2021 recruiting per John Brannen. He can't name names per NCAA regs and probably doesn't want to so don't ask me who they are at this point . If I get names I'll post a thread on each player.
    I listened to about half the show but missed that, so thanks for sharing. What I did catch, among other things, was him being asked about grad transfers and saying he prefers grabbing a multi-year player like a DeJulius versus a one-and-done grad transfer.

Further, he mentioned -- in response to Dan or Terry's question -- that two of the four grad transfers to date (Sorolla and Ivanauskas) had mid-year pro options. Which makes you wonder if, hypothetically, they landed some young Australian talent, might there be a concern about them bolting for pro ball as well if they made it here and not fitting in well or adjusting to their roles. I suppose their might be less opportunities for, say, a 19-year-old versus a 22-year-old.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

I listened to about half the show but missed that, so thanks for sharing. What I did catch, among other things, was him being asked about grad transfers and saying he prefers grabbing a multi-year player like a DeJulius versus a one-and-done grad transfer.

Further, he mentioned -- in response to Dan or Terry's question -- that two of the four grad transfers to date (Sorolla and Ivanauskas) had mid-year pro options. Which makes you wonder if, hypothetically, they landed some young Australian talent, might there be a concern about them bolting for pro ball as well if they made it here and not fitting in well or adjusting to their roles. I suppose their might be less opportunities for, say, a 19-year-old versus a 22-year-old.
      This is my concern with all international players regardless of location, age and class. If they want a degree they'll stay until they get it. If they want to play pro, they're gone as soon as a paying contract is available to them.

I will tell you what this strategy reminds me off though. Gonzaga.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I believe from a source that Lahkin has just started practicing after his knee rehab. Not sure if he will get any action or if it impacts him eligibility wise, but my guess is he may see some action if his knee is ready.

Comment

I won’t impact his eligibility because of Covid waivers
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I wonder if Fickell is getting in person visits before getting commitments? Maybe Brannen needs to get a few tips from Fick. LOL

Comment

That's a good point.

Comment

I don't think he is. I believe that is why he/coaches gave credit to Bowden/Lambert for working with the remote visits/presentations. They may see some workouts, but i don't think there are in home visits going on.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X