Realistic Recruiting Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic Recruiting Options

I know we have a lot of individual threads on players that we are interested in but I just wanted to generalize and narrow it down to the prospects we actually have a shot at as of right now. Will update as we go through the recruiting cycles. If you feel like I'm missing anyone please let me know.

IN GOOD SHAPE
    Mike James 6'6 SF (September 9th Commitment Date)
    Shane Dezonie 6'4 SF

WORKING ON IT
    Daniel Nixon 6'7 SF
    Souleymane Doumbia 7’0 C (JUCO)
    Nate Johnson 6'3 CG

SLIM CHANCE
    Lucas Taylor 6'6 SG (tons of HM interest)

COMMITTED ELSEWHERE
    Jalin Billingsley 6’7 PF (Georgetown)
    Eric Van Der Heijden 6’9 SF (Louisville)
    Josh O’Garro 6’5 SF (Oklahoma)
    Samson Johnson 6’10 PF (UCONN)

IN GOOD SHAPE
    Evan Mahaffey 6'4 SG

WORKING ON IT
    Paul Mcmillian 6'1 PG
    Sencire Harris 6'3 CG
    CJ Gunn 6'5 SG

SLIM CHANCE
    Shawn Williams 6'10 C
    Koren Johnson 6'1 PG
    Isaac Mckneely 6'4 SG
    Last edited by CincyBearcats2; Yesterday, 04:58 PM.

Pretty good analysis.

EVDH is headed to Lousville for sure. He's effectively off the table.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Pretty good analysis.

EVDH is headed to Lousville for sure. He's effectively off the table.
      Thanks! Yeah I know those crystal balls are certainly showing that but wanted to wait for it to be official before taking him off the list.

Comment

CincyBearcats2 Great stuff

Comment

Cross out Billingsley.
          Cory Huffman
          Cin City

Comment

Samson Johnson moved to good shape after Chad's tweet.

Comment

Well **** fellas.... pretty slim pickings at this point. Especially when you factor in that we’re probably not in the lead for Mike James a month out either and factoring in how much CJB loves to see them in person and a lot of these guys on the list he has only seen film of. Might be taking the 3 transfer route or the 1 commit 2 transfer route this spring. Should be transfer and decommitment heavy if visits can take place next spring so that’ll work in our favor.

Comment

Should be transfer and decommitment heavy if visits can take place next spring so that’ll work in our favor. [/QUOTE]

With Vogt and Williams back for the 2020 Season... If we have a Season... All of our Scholarships 2020 are taken, correct? I seriously doubt Viktor Lakhin ever plays for UC.... If that's the case, we still have one open scholarship for the 2020 Season?

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                  Should be transfer and decommitment heavy if visits can take place next spring so that’ll work in our favor.

With Vogt and Williams back for the 2020 Season... If we have a Season... All of our Scholarships 2020 are taken, correct? I seriously doubt Viktor Lakhin ever plays for UC.... If that's the case, we still have one open scholarship for the 2020 Season?[/QUOTE]

All 13 scholarships for 2020 are currently taken. Even if Viktor can’t play this season I don’t think they’ll give up on him playing unless he can’t play the 2021-2022 season too. So we have 3 scholarships available for next offseason. Rapolas Ivanauskas, Keith Williams, Chris Vogt.

Comment

All 13 scholarships for 2020 are currently taken. Even if Viktor can’t play this season I don’t think they’ll give up on him playing unless he can’t play the 2021-2022 season too. So we have 3 scholarships available for next offseason. Rapolas Ivanauskas, Keith Williams, Chris Vogt. [/QUOTE]

But, It's a possibility we could have an open scholarship for 2020 if Viktor decides not to attend UC...

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                      All 13 scholarships for 2020 are currently taken. Even if Viktor can’t play this season I don’t think they’ll give up on him playing unless he can’t play the 2021-2022 season too. So we have 3 scholarships available for next offseason. Rapolas Ivanauskas, Keith Williams, Chris Vogt.

But, It's a possibility we could have an open scholarship for 2020 if Viktor decides not to attend UC...

[/QUOTE]

Viktor plans on attending UC. The only problem is traveling restrictions preventing him from coming here. It’s too late in the off-season to find a player for the 2020 class. If Viktor cannot come to UC this offseason I’m assuming CJB is going to keep his scholarship open for him to be here for the 21-22 season. If it’s clear that he cannot come for that season then I think it’s safe to say his scholarship will open up for someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post
                        Well **** fellas.... pretty slim pickings at this point. Especially when you factor in that we’re probably not in the lead for Mike James a month out either and factoring in how much CJB loves to see them in person and a lot of these guys on the list he has only seen film of. Might be taking the 3 transfer route or the 1 commit 2 transfer route this spring. Should be transfer and decommitment heavy if visits can take place next spring so that’ll work in our favor.
                        Obviously the circumstances are what they are ... but track record so far has shown us getting a bit antsy/restless and then CJB makes some moves late to pull out a good class (two years ago, caught fire late and several months ago adding two solid transfers when it felt like UC wasn't going to get anyone on the transfer market). Plenty of time, but would feel good to have some talent in the fold / heavily involved with talented (and realistic) options.
                        Last edited by GoBearcats31; Today, 09:38 AM.

Comment

+1, not to mention my guess is we'll see as many decommits and transfers as ever. This team after the upcoming(hopefully) season is going to be very young. They could use a transfer or two in the mix with what they have. It's also uncertain if Rap will be here one year or two. I thought i had seen somewhere that Viktor was here(thought it was a twitter quote), but it may just have been something indicating he was coming.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X