Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonah Antonio- UNLV Transfer G

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jonah Antonio- UNLV Transfer G

    Jon Rothstein reported that he is receiving interest from Cincinnati

  • #2
    Was he hurt last year against us or did he have to sit out until after fall qtr? He was a pretty good looking player a couple years back at Mt. St. Mary's. I saw him play in the ooc on tv, but i don't think he suited up against us.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by coach View Post
      Was he hurt last year against us or did he have to sit out until after fall qtr? He was a pretty good looking player a couple years back at Mt. St. Mary's. I saw him play in the ooc on tv, but i don't think he suited up against us.
      He might have been injured. There were 7 straight games where he did not play.

      Has to have his shot falling to really make a difference. Attempted 168 three pointers despite missing 8 games. But only shot 31% on those three-point attempts. So a little underwhelming given his volume. 98% of his three-point makes were assisted. So he's another catch-and-shoot guy. Makes me think Brannen is looking for a 3-point shooting guard off the bench to play a role similar to what Jaevin did this past season.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm a little blown away by this Teams interest in PG/SG..... Do we not have enough who will be capable starters? Brannen and the rest of his AC should be focusing on PF/C... Which this team is in dire need of.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
          I'm a little blown away by this Teams interest in PG/SG..... Do we not have enough who will be capable starters? Brannen and the rest of his AC should be focusing on PF/C... Which this team is in dire need of.
          I'm with you on this one. Unless someone's leaving that we don't know about. We could use a transfer upperclassman PG if Saunders isn't ready to go out of the gate but that's it.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

          Comment


          • #6
            We're still offering/showing interest in a ton of PG/SG... Unless it's a smoke screen, what are we doing...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
              We're still offering/showing interest in a ton of PG/SG... Unless it's a smoke screen, what are we doing...
              It really looks like Brannen wants a catch-and-shoot guard to come off the bench and knock down threes based on the players that have been rumored. So maybe it's similar to Jaevin's role. At least that's my read. Although given the lack of front court depth I understand the concerns that have been raised. If there end up being 3 scholarships available in theory you should be able to do both.

              Comment

              Responsive Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X