Jalen Tate Transfer G 6’6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jalen Tate Transfer G 6’6

The current NKU player could make a move here. He’s tall enough to play the 3. Would be a sit one play 2 unless the transfer rules change.

This is Jermaine Tate’s son. Played HS ball at Pickerington Central in Columbus

https://nkunorse.com/sports/mens-bas...alen-tate/4291
    Last edited by Lobot; 03-18-2020, 09:02 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Kid shoots a lot of ft's. I have to admit only seen him play one game. Looks like a slasher and uptempo transition guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      The current NKU player could make a move here. He’s tall enough to play the 3. Would be a sit one play 2 unless the transfer rules change.

This is Jermaine Tate’s son. Played HS ball at Pickerington Central in Columbus

https://nkunorse.com/sports/mens-bas...alen-tate/4291
      He’d be a grad transfer. He just finished his 4th season as a redshirt junior.

Comment

Seen him play a lot since his freshman year at NKU. I'm an NKU alum and UC diehard. It's AMAZING how far he's come since his freshman year. He's a PG now, not a shooting guard. He's been running point for 2 seasons. He's very athletic. Good passer. Does play out of control a little at times, but it's mostly trying to push the offense. He rebounds well too. Terrible shooter.

His main attribute is that he's an elite defender. Conference defensive player of the year and WELL deserved too. He would look great at UC as an elite level defender and another solid ball handler.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniaisevil View Post
          Seen him play a lot since his freshman year at NKU. I'm an NKU alum and UC diehard. It's AMAZING how far he's come since his freshman year. He's a PG now, not a shooting guard. He's been running point for 2 seasons. He's very athletic. Good passer. Does play out of control a little at times, but it's mostly trying to push the offense. He rebounds well too. Terrible shooter.

His main attribute is that he's an elite defender. Conference defensive player of the year and WELL deserved too. He would look great at UC as an elite level defender and another solid ball handler.
          Good write up. Based on your assessment, I'm not sure where he fits on this roster if he's only got a year left. You have Saunders coming in at PG and the Madsens. Zach Harvey is already here. MAW can play both guard positions. Keith WIlliams has one more year. We need frontcourt help and this isn't really it.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I think he ought to finish up at NKU. I think we've taken enough from their program.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
              I think he ought to finish up at NKU. I think we've taken enough from their program.

Amen...

He's not going to help us underneath the basket, what's the point.. We need some strong Rebounders with Defensive Skills....

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Good write up. Based on your assessment, I'm not sure where he fits on this roster if he's only got a year left. You have Saunders coming in at PG and the Madsens. Zach Harvey is already here. MAW can play both guard positions. Keith WIlliams has one more year. We need frontcourt help and this isn't really it.
                He's a big PG at this point. He is truly an elite level defender, which would help. But I agree, with the roster as it stands, he isn't a giant pickup...and I'm a big fan of the guy too.

Comment

Tate finally headed to the transfer portal, as reported by Evan Daniels.* Chad Brendel tweets the double eyeball emoji. Safe to say we could be on commitment watch, but obviously if he's that good of a player, others will come knocking as well.

* Northern Kentucky guard Jalen Tate is transferring, a source tells @247Sports. Averaged 13.9 PPG, 5.4 RPG and 3.6 APG. Graduate Transfer.

Comment

Yes and no. If Jalen is unhappy with coach, school, conference, etc... and looking to leave, why not the coach who recruited him and where his father played? I agree we should not poach, but I don't think that is the case here.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

he entered the transfer portal. Why shouldn’t we get him if he decided to leave?
                      My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

I would say to grab him only if there is the 3rd scholly to be had. We are already guard rich and rebounders poor. The remaining two has to go to two men that will rebound.

Comment

He does not have a final list but he’s picking up additional interest now per Rothstein
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X