Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfers for the 20/21 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

    Radford lists Jones as a red-shirt JR, meaning he had completed four years. He was named 1st team all district by the NABC. Any indication that he might be a grad transfer?
    Correct
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...al/5077880002/
    Roanoke.com's Mike Niziolek wrote last month that "growing up in Cincinnati, Jones says he dreamt of playing for one of the city's high-profile college programs - Cincinnati or Xavier."

    I would imagine Louisville/Chris Mack will get involved. But maybe he comes home (though that could be X), as Seth Towns from Harvard just did to OSU.

    And apparently Mack was the first HC to reach out https://twitter.com/jdemling/status/1242838165997719553
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-25-2020, 11:44 AM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

      Radford lists Jones as a red-shirt JR, meaning he had completed four years. He was named 1st team all district by the NABC. Any indication that he might be a grad transfer?
      Yes... he’s a graduate transfer.

      Comment


      • #33
        Shades of Bobby Austin.

        Comment


        • #34
          For what it's worth
          https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...751843333?s=09

          Comment


          • #35
            https://247sports.com/college/basket...ini-145409964/

            While there are too many schools to list that have reached out, some of them include Arizona, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan State, Cincinnati, Memphis, Marquette, Ohio State, Oregon, Illinois, West Virginia, Ole Miss, Virginia Tech, Gonzaga and others.

            In fact, north of 30 schools have already reached out to Jones.

            Specifically, Jones noted speaking with Louisville Head Coach Chris Mack as well as Maryland boss Mark Turgeon during the day on Wednesday.

            There had been some speculation that Jones would like to stay in his native city of Cincinnati, where Xavier and the University of Cincinnati are, but he says that is not the case at all.

            “I am exploring all of my options and listening to what the coaches have to say,” said Jones. “It could be inside Cincinnati or outside the city, I also could go back to Radford where Coach (Mike) Jones has treated me very well. All options are available to me.”

            Comment


            • #36
              [QUOTE=GoBearcats31;n372592]https://247sports.com/college/basket...ini-145409964/


              I'm guessing he lands at either UC, Looserville, or X.... I guess we will wait and see!

              Comment


              • #37
                Asbjorn Midtgaard has entered the Portal . That would be 8 for Wichita St. (You think the problem is Gregggggg?)
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

                Comment


                • #38
                  I like him, especially for 1 year, but i doubt he'd come here with Vogt being a senior as well.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    Asbjorn Midtgaard has entered the Portal . That would be 8 for Wichita St. (You think the problem is Gregggggg?)
                    WSU is going to look like Cincy during Cronin's first year. Marshall is going to have to look into the deepest depths of the JUCO world to find anyone.
                    Cory Huffman
                    Cin City

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by loshow22 View Post

                      WSU is going to look like Cincy during Cronin's first year. Marshall is going to have to look into the deepest depths of the JUCO world to find anyone.
                      Juco players are getting picked clean for the most part by Pitino at Iona.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Lobot View Post

                        Juco players are getting picked clean for the most part by Pitino at Iona.
                        I should have also said, "Or Uconn's recyclables."
                        Cory Huffman
                        Cin City

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Brandon Johnson, a pretty good 6’8 forward from WMU is in the portal and would definitely fill a need. Haven’t seen where we’ve contacted but pretty sure we will
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Yep, he'd be an excellent pickup. Seen him play, very active guyid he play 2 years at a Juco?

                            https://247sports.com/college/basket...ech-145564038/

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Brandon Johnson, a pretty good 6’8 forward from WMU is in the portal and would definitely fill a need. Haven’t seen where we’ve contacted but pretty sure we will
                              UC has been in touch with Johnson

                              Comment

                              Responsive Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X