Transfers for the 20/21 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfers for the 20/21 Season

Figured it’d be nice to have a standalone thread for anything transfer related this offseason. UC currently has 2 scholarships left with a potential third depending on Prince’s medical situation. Personally, I’d like to see Jalen Tate from NKU in red and black next season. His father played for UC and Jalen knows coach Brannen system. In fact his best season was his sophomore year under CJB. He’s currently not in the transfer portal or anything but could potentially be something to look for.

The nation’s leading rebounder is on the move. Quinnipiac forward Kevin Marfo is grad transferring — averaged 10.2 points and 13.3 rebounds this season

could fill a big rebounding needs for us next year if we were interested. Played against really low level of competition though.

Comment

He's a big strong guy, but i wonder how well he will be able to guard more athletic 4's or 5's. I don't know how he ended up there. I remember he had quite a few D1 offers.

Comment

Here's a copy of Jeff Goodman's list for 2020 transfers. It's up to date for the most part. He's done this for a long time and now the NCAA does it for him.

https://watchstadium.com/college-bas...st-10-31-2019/
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

One good big that I see available is Gorjak Gak
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I just combined two threads here.

Gak is a Immediately eligible grad transfer
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I recently read that Gak needs shoulder surgery. His timing leaving FLA was not good.

Comment

Scouring the transfer list, EJ Anosike from Sacred Heart could be worth a look as a grad transfer. A little undersized but was a reliable scorer and led the Northeast Conference in rebounding. He's from NJ so if Rutgers wanted him he probably goes there, but it's going to be hard to get someone like Kevin Marfo. If I'm on the coaching staff I would be thinking about less high-profile transfers with good underlying numbers.

Other transfers who could make some sense but would have to sit a year are Ed Crosswell (Lasalle), Hayden Koval (Central Arkansas), and Ty Brewer (Southeastern Louisiana).

Comment

Alterique Gilbert from UConn has entered the portal. Guy's been cursed by injuries his whole career but might work as a grad transfer PG. He was down to UC and UConn when Mick was here.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'll be curious to see if he adds a pg or not. With Saunders and MAW they've got two options albeit young. I think Mason Madsen also plays some pg.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...70235277103104

Comment

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...ter-one-season

Will Gaffney follow?

Comment

Need to go after Udeze
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                            I expect him to.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Is there a particular time frame when transfers start committing? or does it just happen whenever it happens?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X