Open 2020 Scholarship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open 2020 Scholarship

If Borzello is correct and the Trevor Moore is in the portal we now have space for both Tari Eason and Nigel John for 2020. I think you take them both if you can. Need depth at F.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I thought we still had two scholarships available before Trevor decided to transfer. Do we have three now?

Comment

would love to have both these young men.

Comment

and if there are three schollies to be filled in 2020 what are the odds that we attempt re- pursue Samari Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          If Borzello is correct and the Trevor Moore is in the portal we now have space for both Tari Eason and Nigel John for 2020. I think you take them both if you can. Need depth at F.
          Thoughts on where UC stands with both?

I think an open scholarship also paves the way for a transfer (including a potential mid-season transfer). I think they could use some veterans next year.

Comment

Nigel John committed to Utah State
            https://utahstateaggies.com/news/201...igel-john.aspx

Comment

Not a lot of guys left in the 2020 class. I'd love to have Tari and then get 2 Grad transfers. 1 SG, 1 PF/C.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                and if there are three schollies to be filled in 2020 what are the odds that we attempt re- pursue Samari Curtis
                Possibly, but Guard shouldn't be the priority now. If we get Eason that would fill a giant hole, then maybe it makes sense, but we need quality talent at 4 and 5.

Comment

Agreed 2 bigs and then pursue curtis. We were on his short list I believe at one time. However its mute since Nigel has committed. However Nick Pringle is still viable it seems.

Comment

Pringle signed LOI with Wofford

Comment

So, guys UC is after are signing at schools like Wofford and Utah State over us? Making me a little concerned...

Comment

I'm betting they look with at least one of these schollys if not two in the grad transfer market assuming it is still in tact. This will be a very young team if they go with all first year guys. Lose 2 Cumberlands, Scott, Sorolla and McNeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                          So, guys UC is after are signing at schools like Wofford and Utah State over us? Making me a little concerned...
                          I’m glad they’re going to lower schools. Some of these guys are ranked like 380+. I know ratings aren’t everything but personally I’d rather use it on a one year grad transfer and try again next recruiting year instead of taking the 380 player in this class.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

I’m glad they’re going to lower schools. Some of these guys are ranked like 380+. I know ratings aren’t everything but personally I’d rather use it on a one year grad transfer and try again next recruiting year instead of taking the 380 player in this class.
                            Yep.

Returners next year:
                            Seniors - Williams, Vogt
                            Junior - Diarra
                            Sophomores - Davenport, Adams-Woods, Harvey
                            (Maybe - Toyambi)

It's important for Brannen to get his guys for his system. But they will need another upperclassman or two next season.

Comment

Now that Moore is gone and we have 2 scholarships available and Eason in the fold, I'd imagine that they'll go after another PF in the JuCo realm or Transfer Portal for depth if Prince Toyambi can't return. I haven't heard us connected with many folks in either area at this point. It's a little early for the portal to fire up. You've also got Diarra on the roster at forward but to be honest I think he's more of a stretch 3 in reality and is strictly playing 4 and 5 out of necessity on this roster.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X