David Sanford 2019 OH PG 6'2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Sanford 2019 OH PG 6'2

David is our walk on for this season. He was the PG on the Springfield HS team His nickname is "Bub"

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10615295/David-Sanford
    Last edited by Lobot; 09-07-2019, 11:36 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Lobot...walk on for 2020 or 2019?

Comment

Originally posted by RCL46 View Post
      Lobot...walk on for 2020 or 2019?
      2019. I think he's taking Sam Martin's spot while Martin is studying abroad.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I noticed Robert Banks is listed as a MBB player in this article and appears to be sharing a locker with Sanford. Any details?

edit: can’t get the direct link to work so pasting in full directly below.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2019/9/1...-athletes.aspx
        Last edited by Antonio; 09-12-2019, 09:47 PM.
        U.C. Law '09

Comment

Answered my own question. This appears to be him. Link to video highlights from a couple of years ago at this page.

Last edited by Lobot; 09-13-2019, 08:37 AM. Reason: Link is unsafe. Removed.
          U.C. Law '09

Comment

Antonio, I removed the link to Dave Owen basketball. It fired up a warning on Bitdefender's blacklist and Google also has it marked as unsafe. Something's up with that site.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I found some more video on Banks and started a thread on him.

https://bearcatnews.com/forum/basket...-cg-6-4-commit
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Doesn't appear that Sanford is on the roster currently. Not sure what happened but I'd have to guess that he got a scholly elsewhere or the original info on him was incorrect and he was never offered a spot.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

He was with the team last night at Midnight Madness. Just wasn’t in uniform. So was #44, who was in uniform, but not listed on the printed roster or announced. Maybe they are walk-ons who won’t dress this year.

btw...Trevor Moore in boot.

Comment

I was wondering if that was Sanford in street clothes at the end of the bench. Also wondering who that beanpole 44 was.

Brannen sure seems to be leaning in to the walk ons. Not sure what that’s about. 5 guys on a team that has 13 scholarship players is a lot.
                    U.C. Law '09

Comment

#44 is Adam Cook who I can't find much of anything on. Anybody?
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio View Post
                        I was wondering if that was Sanford in street clothes at the end of the bench. Also wondering who that beanpole 44 was.

Brannen sure seems to be leaning in to the walk ons. Not sure what that’s about. 5 guys on a team that has 13 scholarship players is a lot.
                        I remember UK having like 7 or more once in the Pitino era. My HS friend's brother was one of them after playing at NKU for a couple of years and transferring there. I think having a lot of walkons in a up and down system like Brannen's is helpful becuase it's keep your primary guys from getting run to death in practice.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

He was in fact on the bench last night. ?!?!?!
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I remember UK having like 7 or more once in the Pitino era. My HS friend's brother was one of them after playing at NKU for a couple of years and transferring there.
                            Was that Todd Svoboda (sp)? I remember him at NKU. My old man was a prof there so I saw him play a fair amount and recall him doing what you say (dominating at NKU and walking on to the UK team that I think got beaten by the Laettner shot)

U.C. Law '09

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio View Post

Was that Todd Svoboda (sp)? I remember him at NKU. My old man was a prof there so I saw him play a fair amount and recall him doing what you say (dominating at NKU and walking on to the UK team that I think got beaten by the Laettner shot)
                              Yep. Was in fact Todd Svoboda. I've known his sister since kindergarden. She won a National Championship playing WBB at Stanford and then transferred to UC.
                              Last edited by Lobot; 10-06-2019, 08:39 AM.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X