This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    For all the bearcat historians out there, is this the first time that two 4 star ranked recruits have commited to UC bball
    Well since they started the current rating system, we had Dermarr Johnson and Kenny Satterfield in the same class. Later Yancy Gates and Cashmire Wright were part of the same class.

Comment

Thanks guys for the response. I am really psyched about bearcat bball with the Eason commit and the talent we have coming in next year. Beat UConn

Comment

Going back to the 70’s we had Mike Jones, Steve Collier, Gary Yoder, Keith Williams, Bob Miller, and Pat Cummings.
        My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Originally posted by Joco41018 View Post

not even close, depends on the rankings and who is doing the rankings, Huggins had a who bunch and a few McDonald's All Americans, Mick had a few 4 stars, Clark and Evans were 4 stars on ESPN I believe
          Yeah - not even remotely close. Huggs had several 4 and 5 star every year. But let’s even go closer in...Mick’s first official class in 2007 had (3) four star recruits according to Scout - Alvin Mitchell, Biggie McClain and Darnell Wilks. Just go onto the Cincinnati commitment section and scroll year by year.

I’m definitely stoked about Brannen’s recruiting, particularly the style of players he is getting. But this is far from the first time multiple 4 stars have been in the same class.

Comment

Since there is discussion about multiple 4-star commits... is there anyone besides Eason who is 4-star? Thought the others were all 3-stars.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              Since there is discussion about multiple 4-star commits... is there anyone besides Eason who is 4-star? Thought the others were all 3-stars.
              Gabe could be a possible bump into a 4 star when he gets rerated.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

Gabe could be a possible bump into a 4 star when he gets rerated.
                Mike Saunders was ranked #96 overall in 2020 class on ESPN. Then committed to the Bearcats...to which the pundits then drop his ranking to like #196. Such bs. If he would have committed somewhere like Louisville, he would be top 75.

IMO - outside of the top 20ish guys in each class, 25-200 are somewhat similar. Then it just depends on the individual, the system, the fit with the program, etc.

Comment

I believe Zach Harvey is rated a 4 star.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                    I believe Zach Harvey is rated a 4 star.
                    Zach and Tari are not in the same class though.

Did you drink too much egg nogg? 😉

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Zach and Tari are not in the same class though.

Did you drink too much egg nogg? 😉
                      Yes, Zach reclassified to 2019, but was a 2020 4-star rated recruit. It is looking good for Zach to get experience in Brannen's system. Guards seem to pick it up better/quicker than 3/4/5. Mika has greatly impressed me. Here's hoping Zach shows the kind of year 1 to year 2 improvement that Vogt has shown.

Tari Eason, Saunders, and the Madsen bros should be expected to be where Zach is currently. If any Obe if the 4 are like Mika, it's a bonus. Vogt will need help down low and finding another 4/5 big man to go with Tari should be priority.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

As a a matter of fact I did have too much egg nog. 😆

Comment

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....ion-rankings-2

There are many who would be considered undersized or “tweeners” but they are all versatile and capable of causing mismatch problems. I look at a guy like Tari Eason and can’t help but wonder how the entire West Coast didn’t go to battle for him. He’s long, he’s quick and he can put the ball on the floor. Going to Seattle and getting him was an impressive pull by Cincinnati.

Dropped from 71 to 77 on Rivals but was highlighted by them today in their position rankings discussion above

Comment

Eason Almost pulled off a quadruple double on Wednesday night. 18pts, 10 rebounds, 10 assists and 9 steals.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm really looking forward to seeing him next year along with the Madsens and Mike S. They'll be young, but i think they will be fun to watch. Vogt's going to need to anchor this team next year.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                                I'm really looking forward to seeing him next year along with the Madsens and Mike S. They'll be young, but i think they will be fun to watch. Vogt's going to need to anchor this team next year.
                                Keith Williams will be back too. That can't hurt.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X