Jaylon Gibson 2020 NC PF 6'11 Offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaylon Gibson 2020 NC PF 6'11 Offer

Gibson announced an offer this morning. He attends Grace Christian in Raleigh. So far he has AAC offers, Rutgers, Providence and couple of lower tier ACC teams. I had a hard time with this video. Not sure if it's Youtube buffering or the video itself but feel free to take a look. AAU team is John Wall Elite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY10dA3Ye58
    Last edited by Lobot; 06-29-2019, 12:10 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Interesting on his twiiter announcing the offer he has a pic of Gary Clark. North Carolina pipeline, LOL.

Comment

Committed to wake forest

Comment

Per coach Stay tuned
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. You can't just throw that out there with NOT even a hint as to why this is up....

Comment

I have no inside info, but this could be related to the firing of Danny Manning from Wake Forest today. Perhaps Gibson wants out now?

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
              I have no inside info, but this could be related to the firing of Danny Manning from Wake Forest today. Perhaps Gibson wants out now?
              We don't know if he wants out but yes, it's directly related to Manning.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I don't know of any specific chatter on him if that is what you are asking. .I know we offered him, and the coaches obviously liked him. I think Wake had a pretty big recruiting class at the time so it's anybody's guess if he goes back on the market or not. Odds are some guys are going to look elsewhere unless Randolph Childress who's the interim gets the job which seems unlikely. My guess is given all the uncertainty going on there isn't going to be a big hurry on anybody's part.I'm guessing they're looking to add a 4 yr big kid if a scholly is open so we'll see. We got MAW late last year on a coaching change so it does happen, and he would fill a need and there's obviously some history here.

It will be interesting to see if more come out on his dismissal. Very odd timing so late which hints at some internal struggle over making a change. Some winners and losers in this one which usually means more story to come.
                Last edited by coach; 04-25-2020, 10:15 PM.

Comment

There are reports out there that the buyout is $16M. That may have been the reason for hesitation.

Comment

Yep, it's an interesting departure which they kind of blame on the shutdown et. al, but me thinks it had to do with the powers that be not being in agreement. I did see the link below, and didn't have time to read thru it. If this is the case, it could get muddy unless there's some clear way to get out without paying him. Either way, my guess is they start from scratch with this shutdown. Kids are already moving in record numbers, and it doesn't help when you have no coach. Lot of rumors about Beilein, but he's 67. I'm glad Mick left last year and not this year.

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...ired-for-cause

This has to be one of the worst financial deals a college has made with a sub 500 coach. Hard to believe in this pinch unless they have a very big donor they would go on the hook for 16mm. Whoever takes that job will likely be starting over as it looks more and more like a mass exodus.
                    Last edited by coach; 04-27-2020, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Decommitting from Wake Forest

Comment

Another WF recruit asked for his release as well, 2021 center Trey James who is from Kentucky. I don't think we were actively involved with him when he committed, but wouldn't be a stretch to see it. He committed pretty early i believe, but i don't know much about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Per coach Stay tuned

Any idea if Jaylon has a short list of teams he is looking at ?

Comment

He's got to get his release before hand. Typically not an issue, but there have been instances. Given he only dropped his commitment yesterday my guess is it will take a week or so before anything comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                              He's got to get his release before hand. Typically not an issue, but there have been instances. Given he only dropped his commitment yesterday my guess is it will take a week or so before anything comes out.
                              He got let go from his LOI yesterday.

“Jaylon Gibson, who decommitted from Wake Forest today, has heard from Maryland, Iowa, Louisville, South Florida, Houston, Syracuse, UNCW, Providence and Miami, his coach told ESPN.

6-foot-11 power forward in the 2020 class.”
                              -Jeff Borzello

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X