No announcement yet.

Austin Van Zyl 2019 South Africa PG 6'5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently he's out in people's Twitter DMs saying Gee and Brannen offered him. I feel like if he actually was offered the fanbase would be running him off right about now. No one believes him. This is bizarre.

The real question is who is the original source of info and for me it was Deante' Mitchell, a Rivals writer that covers recruiting for Seton Hall, St. Johns and other NY schools. I think the result is more who is the one lying here. Mitchell's account looks fairly legit and he is listed as working with Rivals but I have no idea how he got hooked up with Van Zyl and why he was the first one to report the IU and UC contact with him. This is starting to remind me of a pump and dump stock scheme a bit
    Last edited by Lobot; 07-03-2019, 05:19 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ok so for kicks, The 247 Portal is apparently on vacation for July 4th since they haven't mentioned Logan Johnson's landing spot or Laquill Hardnett's, both of whom are officially elsewhere at this point. So if we have another player in the portal we probably wouldn't know it until some later date when they update the site.

If no one is in the portal, then the only other option we would have to get Van Zyl is for Chris Vogt to walk-on for his transfer year. There's nothing that says that can't happen I don't think.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If one of our players were currently in the transfer portal Chad would’ve reported on it already. FWIW Chad retweeted Van Zyls announcement of him receiving an offer from UC this morning, but I just checked and Chad unretweeted it.
        Last edited by CincyBearcats2; 07-03-2019, 07:02 PM.

Comment

This probably needs to be in a different thread, but here's verbalcommits.com's list, including recent additions to the portal. No new Bearcats mentioned.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2019

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            It would have to be Trevor Moore if there’s someone exiting. And you’re not the only one questioning what this kid is saying. Very weird.
            And CJB literally just tweeted mins ago happy bday to Trevor on Twitter, so obviously on good terms

Comment

I guess there may be some possibility he is staring down not being eligible until 2020 which seems remote given his age, but with foreign kids you never know.

Comment

I think he’s hustling for a landing spot in the US ASAP. There’s no offer here. He’s in France and about to have wrist surgery according to twitter account. AS Monaco will probably cut him if he can’t play.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

From his twiiter, sounds like he's pretty banged up and 2019 3 months away my guess is he doesn't play anywhere this season:

"In Bourdeax since Monday preparing for Sports Hernia surgery which will be performed by Dr Reboul this Friday & also further testing on my wrist ."

Comment

Ok. Conspiracy theory time for fun.

I'm in France playing pro ball but in order to retain my eligibility in the NCAA I'm either not getting paid or I'm taking deferred compensation of some sort to play club ball. Suddenly I'm injured and require surgery. Since I'm not being paid, the team can cut me loose and I'm stuck footing the bill for my own surgery with money I don't have. If I can find a college at the last minute to sign with for 2019, the university athletic department would pick up the cost of the surgery. I get my surgery paid for, sit the season to get healthy and go pro the following season in 2020.

How'd I do?
                    Last edited by Lobot; 07-05-2019, 02:14 PM.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Ok. Conspiracy theory time for fun.

I'm in France playing pro ball but in order to retain my eligibility in the NCAA I'm either not getting paid or I'm taking deferred compensation of some sort to play club ball. Suddenly I'm injured and require surgery. Since I'm not being paid, the team can cut me loose and I'm stuck footing the bill for my own surgery with money I don't have. If I can find a college at the last minute to sign with for 2019, the university athletic department would pick up the cost of the surgery. I get my surgery paid for, sit the season to get healthy and go pro the following season in 2020.

How'd I do?
                      Most plausible explanation for this whole weird storyline, except him playing for deferred money only so he can go pro in 2020. If he is keeping college eligibility, why would he do that just to go pro in 2020?

Very bizarre
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X