Zach Harvey 2019 KS SG 6’4 commit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
    Man, I remember that Loyola game too, watching with my Dad. It had to be the worst example of a swallowed whistle in the closing seconds in NCAA history. If you take FOUR steps without putting the ball on the floor, that's supposed to be a turnover. UC should have had the ball up 2 with about 3 seconds left. The next year Lew Alcindor chose UCLA over us, who knows what may have happened with three straight national championships.
    I remember that no call and sulked. Yes Big Lew. The only thing good is we beat them the year after he left, but after that Goodwich etc. won many more. I hear that there was big money in hollywood back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
      Since Harvey has now officially signed, we have zero scholarships left for 2019? We seem to be overloaded at G/SG , I guess we will see who is Red-shirted ? Davenport ?
      None left for 2019. As I count there are 5 scholarships available for 2020. Both Cumberlands, Scott, Sorolla, McNeal. With Vogt already signed that brings it down to 4. As I see it now our biggest need may be at the 4-5 positions. The question will be what can Toyambi add to the team, probably at the 4. Based on what I've seen so far from coach Brannen, I'm enthusiastic going forward.

Comment

• This is the statment from Bohn on Harvey's recruitment.:

After a thorough review of the background and character of prospective University of Cincinnati men’s basketball student-athlete Zach Harvey, he signed a grant-in-aid agreement to enroll for the summer term at UC. Zach’s behavior two years ago while a 16-year-old was not representative of the standards to which we hold our current student-athletes, but during a recent on-campus visit, he took full ownership of his actions without making any excuses,” UC Athletic Director Mike Bohn said in a statement, released shortly after the university officially announced Harvey was joining the Bearcats’ men’s basketball program.

“Zach recognizes it is a privilege to be a student-athlete at UC and it’s our expectation he will be an upstanding member of our campus community. We are working with Zach on a plan to ensure continued personal development along with his success as a student-athlete. We will hold him accountable to this process and work to evaluate his progress. He is aware of these expectations and accepts he will be held to an even higher standard than his peers and there will be zero tolerance for any behavior during his time at UC which is inconsistent with our department’s guiding principles. Zach is committed to earning the trust of his teammates, coaches, fellow students and athletics staff.”
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

None left for 2019. As I count there are 5 scholarships available for 2020. Both Cumberlands, Scott, Sorolla, McNeal. With Vogt already signed that brings it down to 4. As I see it now our biggest need may be at the 4-5 positions. The question will be what can Toyambi add to the team, probably at the 4. Based on what I've seen so far from coach Brannen, I'm enthusiastic going forward.
          We still have 5 scholarships for 2020 even with Vogt signed. He is already accounted for towards the 13 scholarships as he counts as a scholarship even while he is sitting out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            This is the statment from Bohn on Harvey's recruitment.:

After a thorough review of the background and character of prospective University of Cincinnati men’s basketball student-athlete Zach Harvey, he signed a grant-in-aid agreement to enroll for the summer term at UC. Zach’s behavior two years ago while a 16-year-old was not representative of the standards to which we hold our current student-athletes, but during a recent on-campus visit, he took full ownership of his actions without making any excuses,” UC Athletic Director Mike Bohn said in a statement, released shortly after the university officially announced Harvey was joining the Bearcats’ men’s basketball program.

“Zach recognizes it is a privilege to be a student-athlete at UC and it’s our expectation he will be an upstanding member of our campus community. We are working with Zach on a plan to ensure continued personal development along with his success as a student-athlete. We will hold him accountable to this process and work to evaluate his progress. He is aware of these expectations and accepts he will be held to an even higher standard than his peers and there will be zero tolerance for any behavior during his time at UC which is inconsistent with our department’s guiding principles. Zach is committed to earning the trust of his teammates, coaches, fellow students and athletics staff.”
            A mistake at age 16 shouldn't ruin a kid's life, unless he let's it. He's on a short leash now, but has a genuine chance to turn his life into a success story. I hope he takes it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

We still have 5 scholarships for 2020 even with Vogt signed. He is already accounted for towards the 13 scholarships as he counts as a scholarship even while he is sitting out.
              I believe it is five, but that includes Saunders who is verbally committed for 2020 - but correct me if that's off

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

I believe it is five, but that includes Saunders who is verbally committed for 2020 - but correct me if that's off
                Forgot about Saunders. Including Saunders we are down to 4 schollys. My apologies.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Have you forgotten. !960 -George Smith 3rd place final 4. 1961 &62 Ed Jucker - National champs.
                  lol I wasn’t born yet.
                  My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Yeah, somehow Saunders slipped my mind too. But it's still 4 I guess.

Comment

Man, I remember that Loyola game too, watching with my Dad. It had to be the worst example of a swallowed whistle in the closing seconds in NCAA history. If you take FOUR steps without putting the ball on the floor, that's supposed to be a turnover. UC should have had the ball up 2 with about 3 seconds left. The next year Lew Alcindor chose UCLA over us, who knows what may have happened with three straight national championships.
                      I didn't know either of those tidbits. That is a great what if....
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Saunders takes 1 of the 5. So we have a lot to look forward to this year with next years class...but a nice foundation has been set with the freshman being Harvey, Davenport, Adams-Woods, and Toyambi (rs). That's a nice nucleus to build around the next 3 seasons.
                        Cory Huffman
                        Cin City

Comment

• Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post

I'd add Logan Johnson in that "trade". I think he would have flourished, but CJB is killing it on the recruiting trail!
                          Understand totally, but we could play that game all day. I was somewhat facetious in my comment. The intention was not to negatively comment on the past regime, only to say I think the transition could not have worked out much better than it did.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I didn't know either of those tidbits. That is a great what if....
                            Cazzie Russell was on campus, taking classes and changed his mind. Went to Michigan instead, NBA and Hall of Fame

Comment

• Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post

Cazzie Russell was on campus, taking classes and changed his mind. Went to Michigan instead, NBA and Hall of Fame
                              Did the coaching change affect recruiting around this time,
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• The Athetic just wrote a piece on Lou Alcindor and Michigan. It listed Lou Alcindor's Final 5 College choices and UC was not among them.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X