This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

Travis Steele is not apples to apples. He was already recruiting at the school where he became head coach

I understand that, and know it's not quite apples to apples.....But? At the same time, I would say Mack was the deciding factor and not Steele... That being said, like Cronin, players sometimes commit more to the HC other than the school or AC..... Bottom line, he still landed a Helluva recruiting class... This was my biggest gripe with Mick... Never landing enough quality players... Unless your willing to wait 3-4 years... UC is somewhat known for quality basketball , we have a top notch arena, and we're in a decent conference... No more excuses for not being able to land some quality players...Will see what 2020 brings...

Comment

Rick Broering on The Skinny Podcast with Richard Skinner: It will be interesting. It took him time to get up to Horizon League speed. Had some great moments, but had to think a lot to get to that point. Tim Morris was the big man coach and did a great job with him. Makes a lot of sense, but it was a big jump to get to the Horizon level ... They ran good sets to get him open ... At the Horizon League, his athleticism was a bonus, will be interesting to see how he deals with AAC athleticism ... Thinks he's an upgrade over Nsoseme, can be a serviceable player.

Comment

I'll be interested to see what he does in the offseason workout area. Big kid, Mike R has done a great job with a lot of these kids. My guess is he puts some strength on him.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X