This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Vogt Transfer C Commit

I honestly can't figure out whether this is really going to happen or not but rumblings suggest Chris Vogt from NKU, a 7'1 Center, maybe transferring to UC to shore up the Center position. The weird part about this is Chris did not start the vast majority of NKU's games this past season. I'm not sure how I feel about this especially since he's a Hack-A-Shaq candidate at 38.5% FT. He's got 2 years of eligibility left but would have to sit 1 unless he's granted a waiver due to the coaching change. Vogt was a 3 star recruit out of HS. Even if this doesn't look great on paper we need a true Center with Brooks gone.

https://nkunorse.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4293

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...252/chris-vogt
    Last edited by Lobot; 05-16-2019, 05:35 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Sounds like Nsomeme with a better height... Nowhere near as talented as Brooks... Hard to believe I said that.... Didn't UC have some interest in him coming out of HS?

Comment

UC diehard, but NKU alumni and fan here. Vogt is a lot better than the numbers seem. He improved dramatically from his Freshman year. He has room to improve, for sure, but he can play and be effective at UC. He's a very good shot blocker and more athletic than you might think. He also plays with a lot of energy and fire that UC fans would like. The second I heard he was leaving NKU, this is what I was hoping would happen. He may not be a future NBA guy, but he can be a very solid contributor at UC. I hope this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
        Sounds like Nsomeme with a better height... Nowhere near as talented as Brooks... Hard to believe I said that.... Didn't UC have some interest in him coming out of HS?
        Honestly, Brooks didn't become serviceable until the last third of his junior year. He was playing well by the end of the season. Maybe the upside with Vogt is a little higher.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Honestly, Brooks didn't become serviceable until the last third of his junior year. He was playing well by the end of the season. Maybe the upside with Vogt is a little higher.

Absolutely, Brooks started coming into his own the 2nd half of last season....That's what bothers me the most about Brooks... UC put (3) hard years into building him up, I'm positive his senior year, would have been his most productive ...and he leaves... That being said, if we land Vogt and he turns out to be as good, if not better, than it's a solid edition...

Comment

I don't know much about this kid and had never heard of him until a few days ago. But, unless other names start to emerge, I say why not? When you are re-tooling a roster, you don't want to hand out scholarships to just anyone. But when they have 5 or so scholarships open and your only big with real experience is graduating after this year (Scott), you absolutely need to add a couple bodies -- even if one isn't available until the next year. If the staff wants him, then I trust they think he is good enough for the level and can develop (esp. with a likely redshirt year).

Comment

I like the sideshow of transferring after your coach leaves to follow him a few miles across the bridge to another school. The ncaa will certainly love that one. Who knows with that group.One thing for certain, you can't "teach" 7'1. Size is size.

Comment

Expecting an announcement from Chris Vogt any minute now.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  Expecting an announcement from Chris Vogt any minute now.
                  Yep, he's committed - per his Twitter
                  Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-16-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

We shall see if he is ready for the step up. I hope he doesn't foul like the last one did.

Comment

Wearing a 33 jersey in his picture on Twitter - likely had a Brooks jersey in the locker room that would fit him for the recruiting photo shoot stuff ... but his Twitter handle is @ChrisVogt33 and he wore 33 at NKU so likely 33 anyway

Comment

I really think this is a big get for the Bearcats.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                          Wearing a 33 jersey in his picture on Twitter - likely had a Brooks jersey in the locker room that would fit him for the recruiting photo shoot stuff ... but his Twitter handle is @ChrisVogt33 and he wore 33 at NKU so likely 33 anyway
                          Yeah, it's not like they were ever going retire Brooks number.

Comment

Well perhaps they will retire the #5 in Brooks' memory.

Comment

Interested in your thoughts on my thoughts. I am concerned our coach is still thinking like a mid-major college coach. One recruit decommited from NKU to come to UC. Now, another mid-major kid is brought over. I am sure these are nice guys, but shouldn't coach be politely declining these guys because he has high-major aspirations rather than mid-level thinking?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X