X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

0 scholarships.
    Yes they are officially out of the program as they cannot return.
    Both bios were removed from the roster page last week.

Comment

All should be eligible assuming academics, etc. except Vogt. I understand he filed for a waiver, but who knows on that deal.

Comment

I wouldn't count on Vogt getting a waiver been the NCAA is on something half to the time so who knows.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm not even sure it's not better if he sits a year to try and get bigger and better. However, this is always unpredictable.

Comment

It’s done. Commitment announced!
            My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Wow this is huge. A huge week for Coach Brannen and the Basketball Program. Let's GOOOOO !

Comment

Coach Brannen has exceeded every reasonable expectation. Now...how is everyone gonna play?

- Jarron

- Jaevon

- Williams

- Mamadue

- Trayvon Scott

No true PG?

Comment

McNeal is the PG
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    McNeal is the PG
                    Will he be more of a back up roll and Jarron will play more PG?
                    Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

nice get! This team will be fun to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        McNeal is the PG
                        Who’s gonna sit?

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

Who’s gonna sit?
                          Good question. I really don't know how he's going to handle the rotation. I can't imagine either Jaevin or McNeal would come here for one year just to come off the bench. If one of them is going to do that it's probably McNeal . I suspect in certain situations like against a zone defense we'll see Cumberland/Cumberland/McNeal with Williams on the bench. Or a small group with Mamadou on the bench depending on who the opponent puts on the floor.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://gobearcats.com/news/2019/6/5...incinnati.aspx

Jaevin Cumberland, the cousin of current UC senior guard Jarron Cumberland, averaged 17.2 points and 3.5 assists while shooting 39.9 percent (109 of 273) from three-point range as a redshirt junior with Oakland. The 6-3, 185-pound guard from Wilmington, Ohio, ranked 22nd nationally with 3.3 three-pointers made per game in 2018-19 and completed the season having made at least one three-pointer in 33 consecutive games – the 13th longest streak in the nation. He also ranked among Horizon League leaders in minutes played (second at 37.1), assist-to-turnover ratio (third at 1.9), free throw percentage (tied for fourth at .854), three-point percentage (sixth at .399), points (tied for sixth at 17.2) and assists (ninth at 3.5). He scored a career-high 31 points, including 15 of 15 free throws, against Oral Roberts on Nov. 24.

"Having scouted Jaevin the last four years, the thing I am most impressed with is not only his shot making ability but his consistency at which he approaches playing the game," Brannen said. "He will bring an experience and understanding of how to prepare to compete each and every day at this level."

Jaevin Cumberland was named to the Horizon League's 2019 Motor City Madness All-Tournament Team after averaging 25 points and shooting 52.3 percent (11 of 21) from beyond the arc. He scored a game-high 27 points with seven threes against Brannen's Northern Kentucky squad in the league tournament semifinals on March 11.

An Associated Press All-Ohio Division I First Team selection in 2014-15, Jaevin Cumberland averaged 22.5 points at Wilmington High School, helping the Hurricane to a sectional championship as a senior. He finished his career at Wilmington with 1,846 points.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X