Post Cronin recruiting update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Cronin recruiting update

Now's probably a good time to point out that unless Darren Savino is our next Head Coach and/or Greg Youncofski is retained, everything current in this forum is out the window. This depresses me.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

The new coach will renew your excitement! I didn’t see any must haves on this board. I’m looking forward to being involved with more talented kids. I also heard today that Brannen is not an option.
    Coach Cronin get well soon!

Comment

I would like to see a new coach that looks just next door to Indiana. For a lower population state, Indiana produces a lot of basketball talent. I can't remember the last time we recruited there. I think Mick may have been too willing to concede recruits there and elsewhere to the so called big guys. I think that was a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Now's probably a good time to point out that unless Darren Savino is our next Head Coach and/or Greg Youncofski is retained, everything current in this forum is out the window. This depresses me.
        The most important recruit is Jarron Cumberland / his family. Then perhaps Logan Johnson, followed by the rest of the team and Samari Curtis.

At least UC only one (local) guy and not a big class that is ready to open things up.

Comment

Rashawn Fredericks is leaving the program.

Comment

Originally posted by gobearcats1 View Post
            Rashawn Fredericks is leaving the program.
            Wonder if this was going to happen anyway with Gillam now eligible? I think RF preferred playing a shooting wing as opposed to a backup 4. Just my thoughts.
            Cory Huffman
            Cin City

Comment

Originally posted by loshow22 View Post

Wonder if this was going to happen anyway with Gillam now eligible? I think RF preferred playing a shooting wing as opposed to a backup 4. Just my thoughts.
              Yep, he was going to leave anyway.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Yep, he was going to leave anyway.
                I figured as much since he was a late addition after Evans declared. Not sure he was ever in the "plans". Wish him the best. Hopefully that's all we see leave.
                Cory Huffman
                Cin City

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                  I would like to see a new coach that looks just next door to Indiana. For a lower population state, Indiana produces a lot of basketball talent. I can't remember the last time we recruited there. I think Mick may have been too willing to concede recruits there and elsewhere to the so called big guys. I think that was a mistake.
                  Deonte Vaughn

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

Deonte Vaughn
                    Then Cincy’s Harmony Prep.
                    Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

Deonte Vaughn
                      Wasn't Vaughn a Huggins/Kennedy recruit who stayed?
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

The media is bugging the heck out of Samari Curtis while he's at Thomas More for the All-Ohio/KY all star game. Samari to his credit has not only told people that he will not answer questions but he's sticking to his guns in not dealing with the press. .
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Wasn't Vaughn a Huggins/Kennedy recruit who stayed?
                          No. He was still at Harmony when Mick got the job here. As you may recall, Huggins was given restrictions by Nancy Zimpher on recruiting. As I recall, after that, AK was flat-out told not to bother, just coach. The handwriting was on the wall.

Comment

Hmmm....

http://www.wtmj.com/news/report-sam-...tte/1069221146

Comment

That would be great but Virginia and Wisconsin are the favs.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X