Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Cronin recruiting update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Post Cronin recruiting update

    Now's probably a good time to point out that unless Darren Savino is our next Head Coach and/or Greg Youncofski is retained, everything current in this forum is out the window. This depresses me.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

  • #2
    The new coach will renew your excitement! I didn’t see any must haves on this board. I’m looking forward to being involved with more talented kids. I also heard today that Brannen is not an option.
    Coach Cronin get well soon!

    Comment


    • #3
      I would like to see a new coach that looks just next door to Indiana. For a lower population state, Indiana produces a lot of basketball talent. I can't remember the last time we recruited there. I think Mick may have been too willing to concede recruits there and elsewhere to the so called big guys. I think that was a mistake.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Now's probably a good time to point out that unless Darren Savino is our next Head Coach and/or Greg Youncofski is retained, everything current in this forum is out the window. This depresses me.
        The most important recruit is Jarron Cumberland / his family. Then perhaps Logan Johnson, followed by the rest of the team and Samari Curtis.

        At least UC only one (local) guy and not a big class that is ready to open things up.

        Comment


        • #5
          Rashawn Fredericks is leaving the program.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gobearcats1 View Post
            Rashawn Fredericks is leaving the program.
            Wonder if this was going to happen anyway with Gillam now eligible? I think RF preferred playing a shooting wing as opposed to a backup 4. Just my thoughts.
            Cory Huffman
            Cin City

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by loshow22 View Post

              Wonder if this was going to happen anyway with Gillam now eligible? I think RF preferred playing a shooting wing as opposed to a backup 4. Just my thoughts.
              Yep, he was going to leave anyway.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lobot View Post

                Yep, he was going to leave anyway.
                I figured as much since he was a late addition after Evans declared. Not sure he was ever in the "plans". Wish him the best. Hopefully that's all we see leave.
                Cory Huffman
                Cin City

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                  I would like to see a new coach that looks just next door to Indiana. For a lower population state, Indiana produces a lot of basketball talent. I can't remember the last time we recruited there. I think Mick may have been too willing to concede recruits there and elsewhere to the so called big guys. I think that was a mistake.
                  Deonte Vaughn

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

                    Deonte Vaughn
                    Then Cincy’s Harmony Prep.
                    Former KMart Ball Boy

                    "Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

                      Deonte Vaughn
                      Wasn't Vaughn a Huggins/Kennedy recruit who stayed?
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

                      Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The media is bugging the heck out of Samari Curtis while he's at Thomas More for the All-Ohio/KY all star game. Samari to his credit has not only told people that he will not answer questions but he's sticking to his guns in not dealing with the press. .
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

                          Wasn't Vaughn a Huggins/Kennedy recruit who stayed?
                          No. He was still at Harmony when Mick got the job here. As you may recall, Huggins was given restrictions by Nancy Zimpher on recruiting. As I recall, after that, AK was flat-out told not to bother, just coach. The handwriting was on the wall.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hmmm....

                            http://www.wtmj.com/news/report-sam-...tte/1069221146

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That would be great but Virginia and Wisconsin are the favs.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

                              Comment

                              Responsive Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X