Laquill Hardnett 2018 MD SF 6'9 Commit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laquill Hardnett 2018 MD SF 6'9 Commit

Offered last night. Plays for Perry Hall HS in Baltimore. There are some other videos out there on Youtube of Harnett but they are mostly interviews. Might be worth watching to get an idea of what kind of kid he is.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6679305/laquill-hardnett

Last edited by Lobot; 02-26-2018, 07:37 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Set to visit Feb 18-20, per 247.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
      Set to visit Feb 18-20, per 247.
      ​Mick's got him coming to campus for the big WSU game. The crowd should be rocking.

Comment

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...ertPredictions

Five predictions on 247 Sports and, while four are "VIP" (hidden), it is 100% UC picks and there are some heavy hitters. I would think this means a commitment could be imminent?
        - Evan Daniels
        - Brian Snow
        - Jerry Meyer
        - Josh Gershon
        - Jason Scheer (not familiar)

Comment

This one is a head scratcher. At 247 he is ranked 457 in his class. If he is really rated that low, Mick would not be interested. On the other hand, he has a lot of crystal balls from the 247 crowd, which they usually don’t bother with for kids as low as they rate him. But then his only other offers are from Buffalo and Western Kentucky, which again does not look like a UC player. I suspect he is a lot better than the recruiting experts are indicating. He is here this weekend, so I will trust Mick on this one. It reminds me of the situation with Trevor Moore last year, and Moore has proven he belongs here.

Comment

I just spent some more time watching video of his game. Now I think I know what Mick sees in him. He will definitely not play at the 4 spot, but the video I've seen he looks like a skilled passer and has a decent to very good outside touch. He looks a little on the thin side, but the UC program will add a lot of strength. Depending on what Jacob Evans does, he stands to get some playing time early if he does indeed come here.

Comment

So... Did he commit yet?
              Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

Nope but we're the best offer he has right now. The weird thing is other than his AAU team coach, no one seems to be talking about the visit which was set for Sunday through today. According to his schedule he's still either still here or traveling back to MD today. If he's going to commit it'll probably happen after he gets back and talks with family. Also, he's got one other visit scheduled at Buffalo this weekend.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  Nope but we're the best offer he has right now. The weird thing is other than his AAU team coach, no one seems to be talking about the visit which was set for Sunday through today. According to his schedule he's still either still here or traveling back to MD today. If he's going to commit it'll probably happen after he gets back and talks with family. Also, he's got one other visit scheduled at Buffalo this weekend.
                  Thanks for information. Sounds like we should know either way soon.
                  Former KMart Ball Boy

"Graduation is the key, period. I am on a mission to stop the exploitive nature of college athletics. We must make sure our kids graduate and have opportunities to have productive and happy lives." -MC

Comment

The visit definitely happened. There are pictures of him on campus.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

During the WSU game, Dan Hoard noted Hardnett's appearance at BB&T. There apparently were some other potential recruits there as well.

Comment

Julius Kim just stated that Hardnett is choosing between us and Buffalo on 2/26
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Wonder what HIggs status is now that AK is gonzo?

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2018/...ugh-basketball

Comment

Somewhat pathetic between UC & Buffalo..... When you think of what the two schools have to offer.... Would be nice to land both Higgs & Hardnett together.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Julius Kim just stated that Hardnett is choosing between us and Buffalo on 2/26

Two more new Crystal Ball picks for LaQuill. They are "VIP" so you can't see them, but 100% of the 7 pickers have chosen UC. So I think we can guess those two

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X