No announcement yet.

Symir Torrence 2020 NY PG offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just so everyone knows, it's going to Marquette by all indications. Probably not the greatest thing that the he was a visitor for what happened to be the worst home performance in years.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It’s official. Marquette
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        It’s official. Marquette

That really stinks, we could have used him big time.

Comment

Was this kid really a pg? I see him listed that way, but at 6'5 it would seem he is more of a 2. I ask as we really need to add a pg for 2019 which i believe this kid reclassified to? I believe with Curtis in the fold for next year, we only have one open scholly for 2019 assuming all return. Curtis to me also is more of a shooting guard as well. Basically all we have next year at the point is Logan. I know Hardnett played some point in high school and can handle the ball, but i doubt we use him there. Likely a 3/4 combo.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
            Was this kid really a pg? I see him listed that way, but at 6'5 it would seem he is more of a 2. I ask as we really need to add a pg for 2019 which i believe this kid reclassified to? I believe with Curtis in the fold for next year, we only have one open scholly for 2019 assuming all return. Curtis to me also is more of a shooting guard as well. Basically all we have next year at the point is Logan. I know Hardnett played some point in high school and can handle the ball, but i doubt we use him there. Likely a 3/4 combo.
            Torrence was really a combo guard and not a true point. Curtis is defintely a shooting guard. Had 47 in HS game last night. Torrence was going to reclassify to 2019 and I think it's within the realm of possibilities that was part of why he didn't come here. If he comes here and reclassifies he's behind Logan Johnson at PG by only a year and at the same position as Curtis at SG. He would have been a better fit in the 2020 class for us. We will recruit a point guard for 2020 class for sure. I think it would be an HS player although it wouldn't surprise me if we signed a Juco for depth if the 2020 class pickings get slim at PG.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I was more optimistic the first month of the season as to where Logan J would be by next year in terms of his ability to play 25 to 30 minutes a ball game. I haven't lost confidence, but he has seemed to hit the proverbial first year wall so to speak. Assuming Cumberland is back, my guess is next year may be pg by committee unless we pull a grad transfer or juco(assuming grad transfers are still allowed).

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X