X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• longtimefan
    started a topic Alonzo Gaffney OH PF 2019

Alonzo Gaffney OH PF 2019

Corey Albertson ‏@Corey_Albertson 7h7 hours ago Per a source, '19 Cleveland VASJ PF Alonzo Gaffney is visiting Cincinnati today. Gaffney's father player at UC. High upside freshman.

He was 6'6 in the eighth grade. He is the son of former Bearcat Kevin Gaffney who played for Coach Badger in the early 80's.

• Lobot
    replied
    Or maybe not. Evan Daniels reporting that Gaffney has entered the transfer portal last night. HIs intent is still to go pro but looks like if that doesn't work out for him, he'll be moving on from OSU regardless.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Brian Snow is reporting Gaffney is headed to the pro ranks. So he’s off the table.
    Yep.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Alonzo-Gaffney-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-basketball-professional-options--145282263/

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...ter-one-season

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Sounds like Kenyon Martin Jr. Kid has a lot of work to do.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Brian Snow is reporting Gaffney is headed to the pro ranks. So he’s off the table.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    It was between us and OSU if I remember correctly. His dad was a player here.
    If I recall correctly, UC was a name early. But then he blew up and became a 5-star or a high 4-star and UC wasn't among his top schools at the end. Feel like others like North Carolina and Michigan State (or programs like that) were the finalists.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    It was between us and OSU if I remember correctly. His dad was a player here.

Leave a comment:

• loshow22
    replied
    Wonder what his interest is? Where did we stack up in his original recruitment?

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Might see Gafnney after all, rumor mill has it he's leaving tOSU

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    we can only hope. I would like to see publicity for UC by Mick getting a big name that wasn't rejected by others.

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    For whatever reason, Cleveland area kids as of late, either pick OSU or MSU.... Last player out of Cleveland for Cincy was Logan.... Have not recruited well as of late up North.....

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    The likelihood of a son who is much higher rated than his father was going to the same school are slim and none. He grew up in Cleveland.

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    I would like to see one big signing to send out messages. Lance helped recruiting. I am not sure if SK had committed first or not. Lance helped in the NJ NY area.. He sure helped with J. lawrence -- joking

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
    Mick has gotten one really big name and that was due to few schools wanting him. LS. The others, while good were not top 20.

I called it on Gaffney...Oh well, onto the next recruit.... Your right, Mick has landed one (5)Star recruit so far, In Lance....But, has landed High (4)Star recruits as well...Gates, Cumberland etc..... Gates was once considered a Top 10 Player in the Country his Junior Year.... and was a good player for U.C., would not call him great.... would take Kilpatrick any day over Gates.... and we see how Sean's Progressed.... I personally would target the High (4)Star recruits who usually stay in school 3-4 years....Top 50-100 I would take all day long....

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X