Alonzo Gaffney OH PF 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alonzo Gaffney OH PF 2019

Corey Albertson ‏@Corey_Albertson 7h7 hours ago Per a source, '19 Cleveland VASJ PF Alonzo Gaffney is visiting Cincinnati today. Gaffney's father player at UC. High upside freshman.

He was 6'6 in the eighth grade. He is the son of former Bearcat Kevin Gaffney who played for Coach Badger in the early 80's.

Gaffney was just Crystal Balled to UC on 247 by Corey Evans of HoopSeen. First prediction but I'll take it.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Keep in mind that these are 8th grade highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zEmrt0Z7eo

http://www.news-herald.com/article/H...ORTS/160319571
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

WOW ! This kid is gonna really be good - AND TALL. I love our connection and can only hope Kevin can continue to influence. He is so young and he's going to have lots of people trying to change his mind in the next 3 years as he blows up, but its exciting to have the inside track on a blue chip talent for a change. Waaay to early but its still a nice position for us.

Comment

I believe he'll be at the homecoming events this weekend with his father. This is a second generation bearcat I'd love to see in the new arena.

Comment

"Gaffney's father played at Cincinnati, and the Bearcats were present at each of his games, but keeping the 2019 star in-state is going to be difficult."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....y-in-las-vegas

Comment

I saw where he got an offer from Kansas last night.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Jerry Meyer of 247 just crystal balled Ohio State. According to a recent free Rivals.com article, OSU, Michigan State and Georgetown among the leaders. 5-star kid now.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                  "Gaffney's father played at Cincinnati, and the Bearcats were present at each of his games, but keeping the 2019 star in-state is going to be difficult."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....y-in-las-vegas
                  My guess is Loserville is now out of the running. With tO$U on the rise and UC getting back to national prominence, this kid could stay pretty close to home as he plays on toward the NBA. I know he has big time offers, but I hope he picks UC. Maybe he can be motivated to take the program higher...like multiple National Championships after we win it all this year.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Let's hope the pressure on shoe money levels the playing field somewhat.

Comment

Hate to be negative, but UC has zero chance in landing Gaffney.... It will either be UNC , or unfortunately Ohio State.....

Comment

It was tOSU. Why couldn't Mick get him. He is a legacy and from the area.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                          It was tOSU. Why couldn't Mick get him. He is a legacy and from the area.
                          True, but the kid has to want to come here over all other choices, you can't blame Mick, all he can do is plead his case for UC

Comment

Mick has gotten one really big name and that was due to few schools wanting him. LS. The others, while good were not top 20.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                              Mick has gotten one really big name and that was due to few schools wanting him. LS. The others, while good were not top 20.

I called it on Gaffney...Oh well, onto the next recruit.... Your right, Mick has landed one (5)Star recruit so far, In Lance....But, has landed High (4)Star recruits as well...Gates, Cumberland etc..... Gates was once considered a Top 10 Player in the Country his Junior Year.... and was a good player for U.C., would not call him great.... would take Kilpatrick any day over Gates.... and we see how Sean's Progressed.... I personally would target the High (4)Star recruits who usually stay in school 3-4 years....Top 50-100 I would take all day long....

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X