• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Squires to tee off at US Amateur

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...medium=twitter
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Austin is doing well. Finished tied for 10th after the 2 days of qualifying. Yesterday started match play with the remaining 64 players. He was seeded 14th and hammered his opponent 5 up to reach todays round of 32. He faces the #46 seed from Costa Rica today at 10:10 Pacific time (Pebble Beach). Wish him continued success.

Comment

If anyone cares (it appears they don't), Austin won both his matches yesterday and is now in the final 8. Awesome accomplishment! 7000 started around the country in this event ! He has 3 matches to go to be US Amateur Champion. I don't think any Bearcat has ever made a run this deep. Congrats to him and good luck today! His UC coach got some good pub on TV last night as the announcers were singing his praises. Good exposure for the program.

Comment

I'm keep track but keep forgetting to post about it. He's putting a great run at this so far. Even if he loses going forward he's already out done himself.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Well the run stopped at the quarters but great job by Squires. He's coming back for a senior year here.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2018/8/1...r-squires.aspx
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
            If anyone cares (it appears they don't), Austin won both his matches yesterday and is now in the final 8. Awesome accomplishment! 7000 started around the country in this event ! He has 3 matches to go to be US Amateur Champion. I don't think any Bearcat has ever made a run this deep. Congrats to him and good luck today! His UC coach got some good pub on TV last night as the announcers were singing his praises. Good exposure for the program.
            I care; sometimes I care too much. And I appreciate that you've kept the site undated on Austin's progress. But don't take a lack of comments as a lack of interest. This site is the only one I've every joined, mainly due to the high intelligence of the posters. Most are probably like me; if I don't have anything to contribute, I just don't. But I still read it all.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X