AAC TV contract negotiations coming up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC TV contract negotiations coming up

CUSA and The Sun Belt just renegotiated their TV deals with ESPN and did fairly well. We're up for renewal next year and Mike Aresco has the wheels turning. One interesting thing is that Navy has a contract with CBS that it entered into prior to joining the league. I think that's for 2nd tier rights with CBSSN with the option for tier one coverage on CBS national.

This is going to be very interesting with all the streaming options now out there. I'll be interested to see how ESPN+ plays into this deal. ESPN needs content for that option. Right now they have pro soccer and rugby with some college stuff mixed in and that's about it.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I expect we should see something by the end of the week. I'm hearing that we will be in the range of $8-10 million. Mike Aresco was on a Memphis radio station recently and mentioned that he was very pleased with the outcome and that the negotiations went quickly. I'm guessing we got what we wanted and Aresco said "Yes, thank you!" At least that is my hope. But then again, this is Mike Aresco... Anything in the $8-10 mil range will be a big boost to this conference considering we are only getting $2 mil now. Say a prayer or rub your lucky rabbits foot and let's hope for big money!!!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X