AAC offices moving to Dallas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC offices moving to Dallas

The lease ends in Providence in two years at which point the Conference will relocate to Dallas.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

This is interesting; I hadn't heard this before.

I don't know what criteria was used to select where they landed, but with the conference so spread out, proximity probably isn't a factor.
    State Cnt Region Schools
    CT 1 East Ucons
    MD 1 East Navy (FB only)
    NC 1 East ECU
    PA 1 East Temple
    KS 1 Midwest Wichita State (no FB)
    OH 1 Midwest UC
    TN 1 South Memphis
    LA 1 South Tulane
    FL 2 Southeast UCF & USF
    OK 1 Southwest Tulsa
    TX 2 Southwest Houston & SMU (Dallas)

Comment

It's taxes. Texas likes to sell itself as business friendly, which it is due to right to work laws and tax abatements. It also promotes itself as tax friendly to relocators because there's no state income tax. What they don't tell you is property taxes are horrible and the sales tax is high which negates the lack of income tax. Relocating to Texas looks like a really good deal at first until you do the financial research. I think a lot of people that relocated from Blue Ash to Plano for Toyota's new HQ are about to discover that. There are some other factors that drag Dallas down from how it promotes itself also, like traffic, but there are some good things about the area as well such as entertainment and food. There's never a lack of somewhere to eat really good food or see a concert here on any given day.

One would think any major city would be better than Providence.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Does this mean no more all you can eat clam bake and lobster for the fall football meeting? The reporters covering the conference will be upset. The AAC might have to rebrand it to fillet mignon.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
          Does this mean no more all you can eat clam bake and lobster for the fall football meeting? The reporters covering the conference will be upset. The AAC might have to rebrand it to fillet mignon.

Mesquite Grilled Steaks ... need I say more?

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
            Ha. Hadn't thought of that.

I think it depends where they decide have the Media Day. Big 12 uses the Four Seasons Resort in Las Colinas (Irving) for most of their media and conference meetings. It's directly in between the DFW and Love Field Airports. There's also the HIlton Anatole in Dallas close to Love Field and Downtown and the Gaylord Texan Resort right by DFW airport in Grapevine. The AAC was just down here for a conference although I'm not sure what hotel they were at.

Here's the article on the move: https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...can-conference
            Last edited by Lobot; 06-01-2018, 01:20 PM.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X