Volleyball lawsuit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball lawsuit

I was hesitant to post this. Not so much because it's negative but because the whole thing is just weird. Shalom Ifeanyi, formerly of the volleyball team, filed a lawsuit against UC, Molly Alvey and Maggie McKinley claiming she was kicked off the team for posting "sexy" Instagram pics. I have no idea what the actual story is but there's also a Title IX complaint going on here becuase of how the issue was handled.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/voll...184300479.html

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/..._v_Alvey_et_al
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

It seems to be a She Says - She Says deal. But in general, I've found McKinley (Compliance) to be a pretty straight shooter, so for now I'm going with her.

Comment

The Yahoo article leaves out the part where Ifeanyi has already transferred once from Oregon St after her freshman year and therefore can't transfer again (?). I'm not sure what the reason for the transfer was.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Leave it to the Enquirer to dredge this up 3 days after the original story was posted. smh.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Apparently she's from Dallas and the Dallas Morning News has copies of some of the disputed pictures. I have to admit, I really don't get it. There has to be something else going on here because these pictures are not outlandish, especially for someone her age in today's social media world. It's all just weird. IMO, I suspect Molly Alvey was actually trying to protect her but this may have more to do with insubordination than the pictures themselves. The suit filed by Ifeanyi appears to be overreach by her lawyers so they can see which accusations on their end will stick.. I think this will go nowhere or get settled.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cour...stagram-photos
          Last edited by Lobot; 03-30-2018, 12:41 PM.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Settlement; it's almost always cheaper.

Comment

It would seem to me that unless your are using university logo's et.al you kind of have the right to do as you please unless you are breaking a law. I'm not in favor of any coach being able to control folks behavior off the court when it's legal. If it impacts your performance on the court that is one issue, but social media posts in this day and age do not seem to fit that description.

Comment

I just happened to check this link tonight. Motion to dismiss the suit was filed by UC and UC parties. It was granted with prejudice on Aug 2. A protective order has been granted to UC and UC parties against Ifeanyi.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So if I read this correctly, the clock is now counting down to October 3rd; is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
                    So if I read this correctly, the clock is now counting down to October 3rd; is this correct?
                    I think so. Looks like that's the deadline to settle and if they don't ,the case may be reopened by either party. I can't imagine anyone on UC's end would want to reopen it unless they're countersuing Ifeanyi, which I believe they are.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X