Kerry Coombs to Tennessee Titans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry Coombs to Tennessee Titans

Looks like Kerry Combs is leaving OSU to coach with Mike Vrabel for the Tennessee Titans (via www.elevenwarriors.com tried to add link, but it came back invalid.). Good for UC in that he won't be in Cincinnati recruiting guys to OSU. Not that they won't still get guys from Cincinnati, but that he had a lot of connections and influence with coaches around the area.
    Last edited by Lobot; 01-26-2018, 10:28 AM.

I'm a little surprised if he was a possible o$u defection, that Fick didn't grab him. Not sure if that's a reflection of anything between them or just $$.

Comment

He's better paid in the Nfl. Not to mention he doesn't have to recruit.

Comment

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought KC was a Co-something coach this past season, and then OSU went out this year and brought in a guy who got the same title. Ever since I saw that I figured KC's time in the state capitol was coming to an end.

€‹And I don't think Cincy was an alternative unless he got the full D-coordinator job.
        Last edited by Geaux Juan; 01-25-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
          Not to mention he doesn't have to recruit.
          which is ironic - that's what's he good at (and supposedly not much else).

Comment

When he was here I just was not all that impressed with his work with the DB's. He had good talent but their techniques just weren't that good. Kerry has always been a recruiter and motivator. Wondering how long he will last in the pros.

Comment

His length of time at OSU may have had a bit to do with his OH Education System retirement. I had heard that he now has sufficient time in the system to get full retirement pay. So, he can move on.

Of course, he'll make good cash in the NFL, even if short-lived.

Comment

I've been thinking about this (Combs leaving OSU) more and more, because there didn't seem to be any reason for the move. KC seemed to have landed in Fat City.

But as OSU's current situation currently evolves and unfolds, the more I think KC (and more probably his wife) was getting sick about the ongoing Zach Smith saga. This seems to be a more logical explanation.

At the very least, his timing was excellent.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X