Wbb 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbb 2018

Maybe it's time we start talking about WBB. The Lady Bearcats are 9-6 and 1-1 in conference. This is a definite uptick. They stayed with OSU for quite a while. Looking forward to them getting back to campus. This is program that's overdue for fan support. As much as I've questioned Jamelle Elliott, they're getting better and fan support would help a lot. All boats don't rise if we don't participate as fans.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

How is the current facilities working out for them? I have not heard any complaints since last year. Have they come close to filling the house?

Comment

They filled it for the OSU game but that might have been due in part to people from Princeton showing up to see Kelsey Mitchell of OSU. I have not seen other attendance figures but I can check into them.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

gobearcats.com shows WBB home attendance average as 415 over 11 games. They've drawn an average of 1122 in 5 road matches.

Comment

Time for everyone to wake up. WBB is going to finish at worst a 17-12 regular season. This is a big improvement. They're back on campus next year.

For all the **** I've given Jamelle Elliott over the years , She probably saved her job and has the program going in the right direction as of now. The recruiting is better, the record is better. Time to show up and support the team next year. Hopefully this is a long term trend.

Congrats to the Seniors going out at home against Houston tonight.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Final: UC 61, UH 57. The UC women had a big 2nd quarter (18-4), then held on, weathering a 23-13 4th quarter for the Cougars.

Comment

18-11 is nothing to sneeze at but If they're going to make the tournament, they're going to have to win the AAC and/or beat UConn which is not something that's likely. Their RPI is in the 110s.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

WBB finished 4th in the league, drew a bye and have the winner of Tulsa/Houston on Sunday at 8:30pm. Unless they get upset or something odd happens to UConn, they'll get UConn in the Semis at 7:00 Monday night
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Owens’ Late Heroics Lifts Bearcats Past Tulsa in AAC Quarterfinals

UNCASVILLE, Conn. – Senior guard Ana Owens(Indianapolis, Ind./Lawrence North) hit the game-winning layup with 4.6 seconds left on the clock, as No. 4 seed Cincinnati earned its first bid to The American Women's Basketball Semifinals in a 66-65 thriller over No. 12 seed Tulsa at Mohegan Sun Arena. The Bearcats will face No. 1 seed UConn at 7:00 p.m. ET on Monday, March 5- ESPN2.

Comment

I haven't watched a lot of WBB this season but I didn't think they played particulary well against Tulsa. They looked a little tight last night. I think they'll have to play at a much higher level and a lot looser to have a chance at a miracle upset tonight. UConn will have a sizable crowd there. Hoping for one of those games where everything goes in.

If they lose I think the WNIT is in their future although If it's like the Men's NIT, they would have to play their opening games away. I doubt we reserved St. Ursula for post season. Nice problem to have though.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I would think that if UC hosts a game, they will work something out with NKU since there seasons are over.

Comment

Owens had 7 points, all in the fourth quarter. Clutch performance, because the Cats looked like they were on their way to losing to a 12 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                          I would think that if UC hosts a game, they will work something out with NKU since there seasons are over.
                          This would be cool but they haven't played on that court all year and it's unlikely a lot of fans would travel to NKU for the game. I can't remmber how the scheduling works in the NIT but seems you have to pay to host and that's probably not very cost effective for the dept.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Based on what the ultimate powerhouse, UConn, are doing to the Cats, the WNIT selection committee may want to look elsewhere. The UC women are being embarrassed on ESPN2, 51-8, in the 3rd.

How noncompetitive are the eight AAC teams who finished behind #4 seed UC?
                            Last edited by swilsonsp4; 03-06-2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

UConn plays on another level than we do and they do that to a lot of teams but wow that was ugly. Every outside shot I saw go up was either way off the mark or an airball. They were rushing everything.

Uconn has a lot of length which influences shots but that was just awful by UC. We all knew they were going to lose but going an entire quarter without scoring is ridiculous. I was hoping for something remotely competitive from UC and it wasn't even close.

I'm glad tthey've had a good season but if that's their last game this year, it was a clunker.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X