UCATS tax incentive gone ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCATS tax incentive gone ?

I’m going to let everyone read this for themselves and stay out of the politics of it but if this goes through as written UCATS will take a big hit from this.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/pol...182403556.html
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

In a word, this tax bill & aspects of it "SUCK."

Comment

Everybody complains about how complicated our US tax system is, and say it needs to be made simpler. How can it become simpler if all these niche deductions remain in place? I'd rather have more disposable income to do with as I wish than to have to spend money just to get a deduction.

Comment

It's to early to conclude on any of this. It becomes a tradeoff between deductions and rates. Until all the dust settles way to early to tell. These things have a life of their own.

Comment

I find it interesting how many people want some sort of change in policy for our government, but as soon as that change effects your bottom line, it's the worst thing in the world. Yeah, it might hurt your deduction, but is also helps if you don't normally itemize these things on your taxes. By not itemizing, you will save more in taxes under this plan. Unless you are really rich...

Comment

I'm not so much concerned about myself. I posted this because of the trickle down effect on the Athletic Dept and the University as a whole.

I'm just saying some, not all, donors may be reluctant to give to UCATS and buy season tickets are less likely to do so if you can't write a portion of it off. If that in turn causes a slow down in UCATS being able to fund the Dept, Scholarships, Teams etc. That's a net negative for all our fans in the long run. If you have less money to spend in the sports rat race, the product will eventually go downhill unless you're lucky and hit the jackpot continously on coaches and their ability to recruit.

I'm sure someone out there is thinking, well, athletics is not supposed the focus of a university anyway. That person would be correct. However, as I've pointed out to the professor's union head a while back, that ship sailed long ago. Unless the FBI or Govt. take apart the whole system, this is the system we currently have.

It's not just about sports. I donate to other interests within UC other than UCATS. If this portion of the tax reform bill remains in effect, it may crash personal donations from alumni for all of the Foundation's funds. That's bad for UC.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Works likes it actually worse than I thought.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ing/830583001/
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X