Basketball Home for 2017-2018?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball Home for 2017-2018?

Has anyone heard of progress on where UC might be playing next year? It seems like it's basically down to US Bank and NKU but Im surprised nothing has been announced yet as Im sure both venues will need some time to accommodate a 16/17 game schedule. Perhaps UC might be playing at both next year?

Originally posted by McMickenKid View Post
    Has anyone heard of progress on where UC might be playing next year? It seems like it's basically down to US Bank and NKU but Im surprised nothing has been announced yet as Im sure both venues will need some time to accommodate a 16/17 game schedule. Perhaps UC might be playing at both next year?
    I would put my money on U S Bank Arena is what I am hearing.

John

Comment

Based on what I've heard to this point, the main hangup with NKU is a tax situation that is created for UC employees and the University that is not going to get resolved so either UC chooses to deal with the tax implications of playing in Kentucky or it's going to be US Bank. I'm a Nederlander hater so I'm all in for NKU but I suspect it will be US Bank by default.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I think it will be US Bank...it kind of makes sense.
        Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Surprise! It's NKU.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This is good for the southern area fans, I'm glad they didn't give in to USBank playing hardball. NKY is not ideal, but no place would be ideal until the construction is over.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

This is good for the southern area fans, I'm glad they didn't give in to USBank playing hardball. NKY is not ideal, but no place would be ideal until the construction is over.
              US Bank being greedy again just like 30 years ago when we had to go to the Gardens. I am surprised they didn't want to work with us.

John

Comment

This is a bad situation. US Bank would have been ideal with all of the bars & restaurants around. I think attendance will be horrible. Whoever is running US Bank is the biggest idiot in the world. It's only
                19 dates. Why would they be so greedy not accommodate with a fair offer.
                IDIOTS!

Comment

Its really not as bad as you might think, although your thoughts about US Bank decision makers is very accurate. I think you will find NKU to be a very nice temporary solution. Its really not much farther than going downtown, much easier to access, probably less expensive to park (I would assume), and overall much better than that dump on the river. I am curious if they will allow us to "Bearcat Up" the building, perhaps use our floor, or if we will just use the generic building and deal with it for 1 year. Don't be surprised if NKU pops up on our regular season schedule as part of the deal, which is fine. My biggest concern is for the upperclassmen who will not get to finish out at the Shoe and recruits who we will have explain the situation to and ask for patient buyins which todays recruit seldom understand. Not sure if its impacted anything so far or not.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
                    This is a bad situation. US Bank would have been ideal with all of the bars & restaurants around. I think attendance will be horrible. Whoever is running US Bank is the biggest ***** in the world. It's only
                    19 dates. Why would they be so greedy not accommodate with a fair offer.
                    IDIOTS!
                    IT could've been a scheduling conflict as they are home to the Cyclones. It's a little harder to go from ice to Bball court, but shouldn't have been a big deal. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt without specific knowledge to the contrary.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Surprise! It's NKU.

Is this confirmed? Source?

I like NKU. It has a nice arrangement. Parking might be a bit hard for "amateurs", until the bugs are worked out.

Comment

Hopefully they will attract some casual UK or U of L fans and expand our fan base, especially with a winning team.

We will need to support our then seniors Gary Clark and Kyle Washington!
                        Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                          Its really not as bad as you might think, although your thoughts about US Bank decision makers is very accurate. I think you will find NKU to be a very nice temporary solution. Its really not much farther than going downtown, much easier to access, probably less expensive to park (I would assume), and overall much better than that dump on the river. I am curious if they will allow us to "Bearcat Up" the building, perhaps use our floor, or if we will just use the generic building and deal with it for 1 year. Don't be surprised if NKU pops up on our regular season schedule as part of the deal, which is fine. My biggest concern is for the upperclassmen who will not get to finish out at the Shoe and recruits who we will have explain the situation to and ask for patient buyins which todays recruit seldom understand. Not sure if its impacted anything so far or not.
                          They can show the new recruits their future home for their first year at UC with pictures, online video, etc.
                          Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Perhaps UC & NKU could arrange a Saturday double header or two. The Norse don't draw particularly well. I'd stay for both games. They couldn't do it on a day when the Cats don't expect a huge crowd, but perhaps early in the season. Thus could engender a cross-rooting relationship that wouldn't hurt UC and would help NKU.

After all, they aren't Muskies.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X