Presidential Search

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presidential Search

Now that we have a football coach, we need a President. Enquirer had an article on how that's going.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...nues/95324310/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Enquirer reporting the announcement is expected tomorrow.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...rday/95523212/

Comment

according to WCPO this is the new President.

https://louisville.edu/speed/assets/pdfs/pinto_cv
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I like this hire. Go Bearcats!
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
          I like this hire. Go Bearcats!
          Me too! Of course I'm a STEM guy so I guess I'm biased. You always worry about STEM guys being eggheads so I certainly hope he picks up where Dr Ono left off in terms of being connected with the students

Comment

He's at the game today and was in the student section.

Comment

I am happy to announce that Neville G. Pinto, PhD, currently acting president at the University of Louisville, will become the 30th president of the University of Cincinnati. He will take office in February 2017.
              Dr. Pinto has a substantial background in academic leadership, particularly in a public setting, and this appointment will serve as an academic homecoming for Dr. Pinto, who has a long history with the University of Cincinnati, where he previously served on the faculty for 26 years. He began his academic career at UC in 1985 as an assistant professor of chemical engineering and steadily advanced as an associate professor, professor and department head before ultimately serving as vice provost and dean of the Graduate School. In 2011, he left UC to become dean of the J.B. Speed School of Engineering at the University of Louisville, where he was later tapped to serve as executive vice president and provost followed by service as acting president.
              He returns to UC with a remarkable record in research, innovation and the development of industry partnerships while also ensuring academic excellence and diversity. His appointment will serve to advance the university in its national leadership role in these areas as we prepare for the university’s 2019 bicentennial and the transition into our third century.
              While on the faculty here, Dr. Pinto’s biochemical and environmental research included air and water purification and the purification of genetically engineered drugs. While he served as engineering dean in Louisville, Dr. Pinto led a major expansion in enrollment and spearheaded development of an engineering and applied science research park. He also significantly strengthened industry partnerships to better provide educational and career opportunities for students. This included the launch of a new-product accelerator called FirstBuild, located on campus.
              Our next president has earned three degrees, including both a master of science and a doctorate in chemical engineering from Pennsylvania State University. He was elected to the National Academy of Inventors in 2010 in recognition of his achievements, including two U.S. patents. He was also elected a Fellow of the Graduate School here at UC, based on his scholarship. Dr. Pinto’s outstanding service in teaching has been recognized throughout his career, including numerous UC teaching awards, both faculty-selected and student-selected.
              In assuming the presidency of the University of Cincinnati, Dr. Pinto will lead one of America’s premier, urban, research universities, serving a diverse community of more than 44,000 students, the highest enrollment in our history thanks to recruitment success and rising retention. UC is classified by the Carnegie Commission as home to very high research activity. In fiscal year 2014, UC and its affiliates earned more than $390 million in external grants and contracts, and the National Science Foundation places UC No. 35 among U.S. public research universities. During the fiscal year that ended in June 2016, the UC Foundation raised a record-setting annual sum of $259 million in support of the university’s teaching, research and service mission. The university is the region’s second-largest employer with nearly 10,800 faculty and staff employees.
              During the search for a new university president, Beverly Davenport has served as interim president since July, and I know you will join me in thanking her for maintaining momentum in the university's key initiatives as the search progressed.
              The search committee was comprised of a diverse group of individuals, including faculty, students and members of the community as well as partners and supporters of the university.
              It has been an honor and a privilege for me to serve as chair of the Board and of the search committee this year. With Dr. Pinto, I know that the best is yet to come for the university, and I have never felt more confident about our future.

Go Bearcats!
              https://foundation.uc.edu/image/emai...ardson-sig.jpg

Comment

Welcome, President Pinto!
                Alumni and Friends,

On behalf of our nearly 300,000-member alumni family, I'm excited to welcome Dr. Neville Pinto back to the University of Cincinnati as our 30th president. We look forward to working closely with him to further elevate our outstanding institution and strengthen the bonds between our alumni and their alma mater. Dr. Pinto recognizes that those two goals are fundamentally intertwined.

Typically, a new president would face the uphill process of learning about his new university, its people and its possibilities — but that's not entirely so with Dr. Pinto. Much of his professional career was spent here as a faculty member, department head, dean and vice provost, and now he comes to us from the University of Louisville where he has served in several leadership roles for the past five years, including dean of the engineering school, interim provost, and since July as acting president. I've been fortunate to work with him previously, and we share an important similarity in our respective UC stories. Each of us spent years at UC — cultivating relationships, understanding the academic community, and building our expertise to better handle greater leadership responsibility in the future. We each left to enrich ourselves through different experiences elsewhere, with the happy result being a return home, eager to again help advance our university.

I have found Dr. Pinto to be engaging and sincere in his interactions, forward-thinking and collaborative in how he addresses challenges, and well respected among his peers and colleagues. He genuinely cares about students, alumni, the university and the future we're building together, and has earned a reputation as a strong and thoughtful leader who relates to diverse audiences. Further, coming from the engineering discipline, innovation is part of his core.

As we approach our Bicentennial, UC is unquestionably on the rise, leveraging our great past toward an even greater future. Dr. Pinto intuitively grasps the value that is added by a vibrant alumni family within the framework of UC's unique identity, history and emerging opportunities, and we are excited to partner with him on this journey.

Go Bearcats!
                http://www.alumni.uc.edu/image/email/Jennifer.jpg
                Jennifer L. Heisey ’97
                Executive Director, UC Alumni Association
                Vice President for Alumni Relations, UC Foundation

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X