Football early enrollment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football early enrollment

How does this work for the student and does it impact any eligibility at end of career? Do some seniors need to graduate in Dec to open up number of scholarships? Can a kid attend spring semester and participate in a spring sport as freshman, i.e. Track or baseball? Five years to play four seasons. Is the kid even on scholarship that semester?
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

If I'm not mistaken, the Student athlete comes in over winter break after graduating from HS early, goes to school and spring practice for football and basically gets a 6 month head start on the rest of the class. I think the general idea is that they also graduate after winter quarter of their last eligible year. The clock starts when they enter school so the scholarship window is just rolled ahead one semester. It's still 5 to play 4 and they are on scholarship. As far as spring sports go, I think that's up to the student and coaching staff. I'm not sure if Joshuwa Holloman was a an early enrollee but I know he's running track with UC in addition to football.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X