Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reds honor UK

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/reds-ho...4.j8HoKX7evbYF

This bugs me. I know why they did it, but I can guarantee that if the reds were in columbus, no other team aside for O$U would ever be honored.

The Reds marketing people have one goal...put fannies in the seat.

If they think they can sell tickets by honoring someone who is remotely connected to the region, they will do it.

The problem with your scenario is that you use Columbus and not Cincinnati. I am going to guess that a pretty high percentage of Reds ticket buyers live in KY.

Now, if the Columbus AAA team brought in the WIldcats, THAT would be a story.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Otto View Post
      The Reds marketing people have one goal...put fannies in the seat.

If they think they can sell tickets by honoring someone who is remotely connected to the region, they will do it.

The problem with your scenario is that you use Columbus and not Cincinnati. I am going to guess that a pretty high percentage of Reds ticket buyers live in KY.

Now, if the Columbus AAA team brought in the WIldcats, THAT would be a story.
      I understand all of what you said, and agree. My point was just that it sucks that Cincinnati isn't enough of a University of Cincinnati city to avoid honoring another college achievement.

Comment

That's not the Reds issue.

If you would like to do something about that, all you need to do is contact the Reds and set up a group ticket purchase. You can rent the Machine Room, get good seating, have on field activities, get your group's name on the scoreboard. Basically you can do it all with the right amount of ticket commitment.

Good luck. I will be watching for the event. I would attend.

BTW..there will be a night for UC baseball and UCATS later in June.

Comment

It was a huge fail. No one came. No one cared.

Media trying to make this a big deal was funny to me.

Comment

There are a TON of reds fans in Kentucky and down into Tennessee. I have no problem with this. Reds country is much more than just Cincinnati. Now if mayor Mallory held a ceremony at fountain square I could see the original posters argument.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X