More important than UC sports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More important than UC sports

Guys, as of late, I have decided that some of the bad hatred on this board is not worthy. We are all UC fans. As a UCat member and a Letterman in three sports, I love UC and I can not wait to see the next football game or basketball game. However, today I had to watch while my "baby" girl went through cancer surgery. It made me realize that there is more about bashing our school or our coach or our program or each other . It has made me put things in perspective. The reason that I am posting this is because I hope that you can put it into perspective too. I hope that all of you can remain passionate about UC sports and continue to support all sports but please keep your family above all of it. I will sign off saying that I love all of you guys.

best of luck bret! hang in there buddy

Comment

Originally posted by catscratchfever View Post
      best of luck bret! hang in there buddy
      Ditto - best to you and your family.

Comment

And you know you can count on your brethren to support you in any way we can. Give her a big hug from all of us.

Comment

Hope that everything turns out okay! Thanks for the reminder to keep things in perspective.

Comment

Sorry to hear that...I will root for her and your family! You're right...Bearcat BB is a luxury...but it doesn't even come close the the most important things in life. All the best.

Comment

Fight to the finish, never give in!

You do your best boys, We'll do the rest, boys

Onward to VICTORY!!
              youtube.com/watch?v=2cy_kkCrCzc

Comment

Will keep you and her in thoughts and prayers

Comment

Having kids of my own I can't imagine what you and your family have been going through. We wish you and your family all the best!

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                    Keith Wedinger
                    Bearcatnews.com Administrator
                    Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

Worried for you and keeping you and your daughter in my prayers.

Comment

Sending my prayers your way. Hope all is going well with the recovery. You're absolutely right....nothing is more important than family.

Comment

Thank you all of you. I am sure the prayers worked. I am not a very sensitive guy but I have been doing my share of crying and praying sense she was diagnosed. No parent ever wants to see this happen to their children.

I appreciate the discussions on BCN, the humor, sarcasm, the debates, the updates. We have some very knowledgeable people here.

As for my daughter, she is being released today and has been given clearance to go back to classes on Tuesday. She will have to take medication the rest of her life but should be normal other than that. The biggest problem is one of her professors is giving her a zero on a test that she missed yesterday (those Bobcat ba$tard$). He would not allow her to take it early, will not allow her to take it late, and will not assign extra work to make up for it. She is a very smart kid and should be able to overcome that though.

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong bret.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                              Thank you all of you. I am sure the prayers worked. I am not a very sensitive guy but I have been doing my share of crying and praying sense she was diagnosed. No parent ever wants to see this happen to their children.

I appreciate the discussions on BCN, the humor, sarcasm, the debates, the updates. We have some very knowledgeable people here.

As for my daughter, she is being released today and has been given clearance to go back to classes on Tuesday. She will have to take medication the rest of her life but should be normal other than that. The biggest problem is one of her professors is giving her a zero on a test that she missed yesterday (those Bobcat ba$tard$). He would not allow her to take it early, will not allow her to take it late, and will not assign extra work to make up for it. She is a very smart kid and should be able to overcome that though.

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
                              We are still keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers. Appreciate the update.

Tell your daughter to complain to the department head about the insensitive ba$tard at that reknown school of communications and partying. I think the head might have something to say about a prof's lack of compassion. ****, I'd bet my next paycheck that there are students at Bobcat U getting tutored and extensions on dates all the time, so tell her to keep fighting - although unfortunately it's now two fronts.

Our best to your family and yours.
                              The Red & Black shall triumph as they are struggling down the field. Oh fight for Cincinnati: McMicken's foes shall yield.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X