Smu 10/27 3:30 et cbssn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smu 10/27 3:30 et cbssn

I'm heading to the SMU game and looking to find out if there are any Alumni hang outs for the game. We walked the Boulevard and met at an alumni tent last time. Looking to see if anything is going on or anyone is meeting up.

Looks like the game time is still to be determined (either 3:30 or 7pm), but I thought they had to announce the game time 12 days in advance? Anyone know what the difference is for this game?
    Last edited by Lobot; 10-21-2018, 11:18 AM.

You came to the right place. There will be a gathering at Old Chicago Pizza on Mockingbird and Central Expressway 2 and a 1/2 hours before game time. It's about a 10 minute walk to the stadium from there. The UCAA chapter in Dallas is hosting. We wanted to do the Boulevard tailgate again and the cost was out of our price range. The last time around UC picked half of the cost for the tent setup since it was the first go around in Dallas and they decliined to do that this year.

We've done several events at Old Chicago over the years for basketball games and watch parties and they will prepare Skyline for us. (it's canned with extra meat added) A full menu will be available also. Hopefully they don't burn the chili this go around. I'm not sure if we're doing Graeter's this year but I'm thinking we aren't. I'll be there probably working the registration table with UCAA at some point. Come say hi.

As far as the game window is concerned. ESPN has the option of of a 12 day window or a 6 day option. They took the 6 day option for this game. We will find out the game time for SMU shortly after the Temple game according to what I was told by a few folks at UC.

If you don't have tickets yet, you can get them through UC and sit with UCATS or if you prefer to sit with the UCAA Dallas Chapter we went through group sales at SMU and secured discounted tix.

Link to our group is here:

https://fevo.me/2vF4rab
    Last edited by Lobot; 10-16-2018, 04:39 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Oops. Here's the link to the alumni event registration.

https://www.alumni.uc.edu/SMUBOTR
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll pass along to the rest of our group. It sounds like a good time.

Comment

Fairly sure based on today's result that we just played our way into the 3:30 Time slot on CBSSN. for this game. Not official yet.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It's official now. It's up on the American's site. 3:30 CBSSN
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Anybody have a feel for this weeks game? Statistically it looks like a mismatch in our favor. However, thats probably mitigated some by the fact that SMU appears to have played a tougher schedule (Michigan, UCF & TCU) and of course theres the issue of we are a young team going on the road (see the Temple game). That said, I like our changes if we get the running game going and limit turnovers .....

Comment

We're favored by 10 on the road. SMU doesn't have much of a defense. If our offense doesn't have a repeat of last week I think we'll be ok. HIcks can definitely throw the ball but he doesn't have much on the receiving end except James Proche. I have not seen them play for longer than a few minutes this year and they looked bad. Statistically it looks like a dink and dunk opffense with Hicks averaging only 6 yards a completion.

I agree with you on the schedule but one thing is that the loss to UNT shouldn't be held against SMU. UNT is very good this year and has beaten Arkansas as well.

The weather is supposed to be perfect for this game however it's a grass field and we've had a ton of rain here this month. About 2" fell yesterday through this morning so I would expect a slow track and lots of divots.

Here's the stats for SMU:

http://www.espn.com/college-football...tats/_/id/2567
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's the Dallas Morning News' perspective on Saturday's game:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...-vs-cincinnati

Here's mine: Warren pounds the Ponies into the ground. UC 31-16.

Comment

Last week the defense travelled. Yeah, Temple exposed it twice in about 1 1/2 minutes, but they should have never been in that position. Offense was suspect. Hoping that D travels and the offense shakes off a bad week. I like UC in this one 34-17
                    Cory Huffman
                    Cin City

Comment

The defense was on the field way to much down the stretch of that game. You have to get some first downs, particularly on the road. If Ridder struggles again, i would think it's a good idea to spell him with Moore. It might be good for both of them.

Comment

Great start for the Cats. TD less than 2minutes in.
                        ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

I assume Coach simply has no faith in the field goal unit given that we have gone for it on two fourth downs in pretty easy range?

Comment

Sloppy, garbage football. I hope this first half is an abberation or this is not going to end well. SMU is NOT a good football team.

Comment

I like Ridder at QB over Moore and am glad he has solidified the starting job, but he sure gets the Freshman jitters at the end of halves or, as we saw last week, in OT. He gets panicky and just plays badly. He will certainly get better in this area, and I am looking forward to watching him continue to develop.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X