Around the American Week 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the American Week 7

A couple of good conference matchups in UCF at Memphis and Temple at Navy. Unfortunately they are on at the exact same time so you either need 2 screens or a remote.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ntype/2/week/7

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

The game I didn't mention turned out to be a great finish. Tulsa was up at home by two TDs on USF and got super conservative on offense in the 4th. They played not to lose and , you guessed it, lost on a last second FG. Phil Montgomery gets a dunce cap for his play calling late in the 4th.

USF is not deserving of its ranking. They played like garbage in the first half and couldn't stop anything on defense in the run game even though Tulsa's QB was awful and USF's defense knew what was coming. If USF doesn't fix its run D by the time we play them, Warren's going to have a field day.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I agree, USF has under achieved this year. They've had to play catch up in a lot of their games. It will be interesting to see if they start to play better in the last half of this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        The game I didn't mention turned out to be a great finish. Tulsa was up at home by two TDs on USF and got super conservative on offense in the 4th. They played not to lose and , you guessed it, lost on a last second FG. Phil Montgomery gets a dunce cap for his play calling late in the 4th.

USF is not deserving of its ranking. They played like garbage in the first half and couldn't stop anything on defense in the run game even though Tulsa's QB was awful and USF's defense knew what was coming. If USF doesn't fix its run D by the time we play them, Warren's going to have a field day.

But that's two games in a row that Tulsa has blown a double digit lead in the fourth quarter. Has to be really frustrating for the players and the coaching staff.

Comment

UCF escapes a good win against Memphis. Temple beats Navy to stay undefeated in conference. Looks like Houston will roll ECU.

Comment

I thought Memphis had UCF. Surprised to see UCF pulled out the win.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
              I agree, USF has under achieved this year. They've had to play catch up in a lot of their games. It will be interesting to see if they start to play better in the last half of this season.
              That's what USF did last year; start off the games slowly and behind then come roaring back. They just waited longer in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post
                I thought Memphis had UCF. Surprised to see UCF pulled out the win.
                On the last play, did it look to anyone else as if the UCF defender was tackling the receiver (by the lower legs) while the receiver was reaching for the pass?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X