Uconn 9/29 3:30 CBSSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uconn 9/29 3:30 CBSSN

Uconn is 1-3 with their lone win coming over FCS Rhode Island. The key to stopping UConn is the QB David Pindell. He's a read option QB that leads the team in rushing. He does throw the ball reasonably well but his passes are short gainers. He has a 7 yard completion avg and in the action I've watched is very inaccurate on the deep ball when he does uncork one. If we can stop the run in this game better than what we did against Ohio we'll be in good shape.

Uconn has a very young defense that is mostly playing freshman and sophomores. They've allowed at least 49 points in every game this year and only beat URI becuase URI's defense wasn't any better.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/41

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

The Huskies obviously are pretty bad, particularly on defense. The Cats should roll.

However, I recall vividly sitting in the Salt Lake City airport awaiting a connecting flight, listening to Dan Hoard's call of the egg that UC laid up in Hartford two years ago. That game may have been the worst of the Tuberville era. I'm going to predict, though, that this edition of Bearcats football is a different breed, with a winning attitude.

Final: UC 41, UConn 17.

Here's an article on Randy Edsall's rebuilding efforts, largely from an attitude-change perspective:

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-...23-story.html#

Comment

Saw something from Chris Vannini at the Athletic that UConn has allowed more yards in 4 games this season than the 2011 Alabama team let off all season long.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Heading to Vegas for work towards the end of the week. The line for the UC game is UConn +17. I rarely bet on games. And this line is not helping.

Comment

Take the Cats. Unless we have a defensive meltdown, I think we'll cover. Uconn is dead last in Team Defense.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The UConn football team is allowing a FBS-worst 54.5 PPG this season.
            The UConn women's basketball team allowed 53.4 PPG in the 2017-18 season.

Comment

Rentschler Field has not always been kind to UC Football. That said I'm going with the Cats to win 27-17.

Comment

Backups are in on offense already, game over

Comment

Josiah Deguara is a BEAST. Hopefully Campbell is OK.
                  Last edited by McMickenKid; 09-29-2018, 06:45 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Cats win 49-7.

Comment

5-0 - A bowl berth is almost certain.

Comment

Lot to be happy about. But they have to work on these killer penalties. It is going to cost us in a close, big game. Is there any word on the starting center.

Comment

Very happy for the Cats to be 5-0. The bad new is our strength of schedule is really low. All we can do is beat the people we play, Tulane looks to be a better test after they beat Memphis.

Comment

This schedule is great for this team as young as they are. They've got a couple months to build their confidence and figure out what works and what does not work. You could very easily lose a young team if they took some smack downs early on. This year is all about improving and building a winning culture. They'll be much better prepared to play a usf or ucf in November. Doesn't mean they will win, but with 8 or 9 games under their belt it's the best possible scenario for a very, very young team..

Comment

https://theathletic.com/556928/2018/...ding-of-uconn/
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X