Ohio 9/22 12:00ET ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio 9/22 12:00ET ESPNU

Ohio is not the old Ohio when Frank Solich first took over and ran the wishbone. The offense is much more open than it used to be. They are capable of passing the ball and have a really good receiver in Papi White. They have two capable QBs and RBs and can definitely put up points despite being 1-1 and losing to Virginia yesterday. They had trouble with a pretty decent Howard team in the opener but were playing with a backup QB. Ohio's given up more points than they've scored in total. They were the preseason favorite to win the MAC but so far I'm not sure they have the defense to get there.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...stats/_/id/195
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Turns out UCLA is pretty awful as expected after our win. And so is Miami as usual. While I don't expect to lose this tame I think it will be the first real test to see where we actually stand. If it's close or we lose we aren't as good as everyone hopes we are at this point. Still holding out hope we can start 8-0 with our easy schedule

Comment

This will not be an easy game. Our defense has to play well & must not turn the ball over to give us a better chance to win. Should be an interesting game.

Comment

They're bad defensively. I'd be real suprised if we do not control the ball running it. Just don't turn it over, and we'll get a win. 1 turnover with the starters in 3 games, and 3-0.

Comment

Looks like we'll be doing kegs and eggs for this nooner. It seems like forever since we've had a noon game. I think we're going to control the game by running it again, but that shouldn't be a surprise at this point. We'll play good defense and look to shut down the pass game and make them put it on the ground. I think we have no problem with this game, but it will be close until halftime. We'll wear them down and come out in the second half and push the pedal down. If we have Doaks back for this game, I'll be interested in seeing how it opens up the offense. This could be a really fun game!

Comment

Ohio (that's what they prefer to be called) has struggled on defense, but their offense really concerns me. Their OL starters (3 RS SRs, a RS JR and a true Soph at center ) average 6'5" 309, and I hope we don't get sick of hearing the names of Nathan Rourke (QB), Papi White (WR) and A.J. Ouellette (RB); they're all upperclassmen and they're good.

BTW, our last Noon game wasn't as long ago as you (Gilenerm) think; you're probably trying to forget last season.

Comment

Also another ex-UC player turned coach watch this week - De'Angelo Smith ('08) is the Defensive Backs coach for Ohio.

Comment

Preview article posted by the Enquirer. Author is Scott Springer which is a little odd since he usually does HS sports.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...on/1348761002/
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I may be wrong on this but I think Scott is filling in for Tom Groeschem(?) .

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
                    Ohio (that's what they prefer to be called) has struggled on defense, but their offense really concerns me. Their OL starters (3 RS SRs, a RS JR and a true Soph at center ) average 6'5" 309, and I hope we don't get sick of hearing the names of Nathan Rourke (QB), Papi White (WR) and A.J. Ouellette (RB); they're all upperclassmen and they're good.

BTW, our last Noon game wasn't as long ago as you (Gilenerm) think; you're probably trying to forget last season.
                    Juan, I drink to forget such things.

Comment

Article on the defense from Justin WIlliams

https://theathletic.com/534608/2018/...m-last-season/
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Weather is a high of 67 deg. and chances of rain. This may play into UC's favor.

Comment

The 2008 Orange Bowl team will be honored at halftime. They’re going to have to peel D’Angelo out of the visiting locker room.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Link to story on 2008 team

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...um/1372069002/

Interview with Marcus Freeman at the bottom of the article.

Also,

https://gobearcats.com/news/2018/9/2...-saturday.aspx
                            Last edited by Lobot; 09-21-2018, 09:13 AM.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ohio up 14-0 in 1st quarter. Getting owned up front. Didn’t show up today. Mental errors and penalties all over the place.
                              Unless something changes fast we’re gonna be 3-1
                              Last edited by blackattack; 09-22-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X