No announcement yet.

Ohio 9/22 12:00ET ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make that 21-0. Missed tackles and mental errors all over the place. Still no sign of life from UC
    Did Tuberville come back to coach this game?

Comment

This is not the same team that showed up weeks one to three.

Comment

"After a bad snap it is not reasonably certain a kick will be made. That means the defense gets the benefit of any doubt as to whether or not contact with the kicker is avoidable"

https://www.referee.com/calm-broken-plays/

Comment

Incredible win! Shows a lot of character, especially for such a young team. MAC officials seemed to be a bit overprotective, especially for a running quarterback. Ridder made throws when he had to. Warren just keeps rising to the challenge.

Comment

I don't want to say what I was thinking after the first qtr. I will say that a win is a win and an ugly win is much better than an ugly loss.

Comment

Great win with totally biased officials. We played like last year in the 1st half & finally got it together. Great comeback.

Comment

UC wins. Never in doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post
                  Make that 21-0. Missed tackles and mental errors all over the place. Still no sign of life from UC
                  Did Tuberville come back to coach this game?
                  No Tuberville! This team stepped it up and showed real character. Fickell has them believing.

Comment

This is not a Tuberville team, Luke Fickel has instilled a new attitude not just among the new guys, but the holdovers from TT as well. After falling behind 21-0, we outscore them 34-9 the rest of the way. Some of the same guys who would have quit under Tuberville played their butts off today. This is a team worth rooting for, home crowd was pretty damn good too.

Comment

Just an amazing comeback. I will take it. A win is a win. No matter how ugly

Comment

Fickel got them focused after the imploding towards the end of the 1st half. Wiggins gets it done again. Happy for the win!
                        Last edited by BigDaddyCornHusker; 09-23-2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
                          Great win with totally biased officials. We played like last year in the 1st half & finally got it together. Great comeback.
                          The officiating crew today was 100% MAC. I have never seen officials so biased, at critical times. Still, amazing we won considering what we had working against us.

B.C.
                          "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Excellent come from behind win. Several people pointed out to me that if it had been a TT coached team they would have folded and given up at halftime. This team did not do that at all.

Hard to say whether the first half penalties were just bad calls or whether we were mentally asleep at the wheel. The one against Bryan Wright for roughing the QB was terrible. The call on the punt was actually correct after all but they called the wrong penalty. They called roughing on what really should have been a targeting penalty against Kimoni Fitz. I'm not sure I've ever seen a college game called that closely by officials. The MAC really ought to suspend that crew. They're really bad. Someone pointed out on Twitter that it's the same crew that screwed up the end of the CMU VS. OK ST. game a couple years ago and earned a suspension from that.

Anyone else notice that Ohio's punter was a guy we had a commitment from as a walk on under Tubs?

All I know is that we're 4-0 and might gain bowl eligibility half way through the season which is not something I would have predicted coming into the year.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Postgame article from Justin WIlliams

https://theathletic.com/541359/2018/...k-over-ohio-u/
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This is a very young team, but i think they grew up a little bit yesterday. We'll again see some ugly stuff this year as it's going to happen with this young a team. However, a lot of the early bad fortune was a little bit fluky, and honestly most of the personal foul stuff we just had guys playing hard. Again i'll say it, we won the turnover battle, and limited it to one yesterday and even when things do not fall your way you have a chance to win. It's been the biggest factor out there this year. Big play by Jarrell White particularly after getting a poor call ruffing the passer call(worst of all of the pfoul calls by far). He could have let it bother him, but he made a play when it was most needed. Definitely put Ou on their heels. The Ou qb is a slippery veteran guy to get ahold of, not all those missed tackles were easy against a kid like him.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X